Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Communications Services

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Credit Communications Services

After having my usual begining of the new year mini app spree,  I wanted to report about certain items I've noted as I watch my credit reports closely at this time of the year.   This applies to Experian, and I want to see if anyone has had a similar experience.  One of the soft credit inquiries I notice on Experian is from Credit Communications Services.  What they appear to do, after studying my reports after a few years, is to notify my other creditors whenever I apply for new credit, which in turn, causes my other creditors en masse to soft my credit history the same day I apply, alomost without fail.

I recently applied for three credit cards - Walmart (for the TU FICO), the JP Morgan Select, and the AMEX PRG - all on different days.  On each occasion, their was a soft pull from Credit Communication Services and a subsequent soft pull from virtually ALL of the creditors who regularly or occasionally monitor Experian including Chase, Citi, PSECU, AMEX,  US Bank etc.  I don't see this type of activity with either Equifax or Transunion.  

Has anyone else noticed activity from Credit Communications Services after applying for new credit? 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Communications Services

Yes, I noticed the exact same thing after applying for a recent card.  Immediately after, I noticed my creditors doing some reviews of my activity.

Message 2 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

I own a small business who occasionally will lease new equipment vs. buying it outright.  My main leasing company has flat out told me that Experian contracts Credit Communications Services to offer their subscribers (Experian's) "notices" when people or business are seeking new credit.  I'm told it's only EX and not EQ and TU, and this seems to be the case, at least with me personally.  Smiley Indifferent

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 6
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I just checked all three of my reports and this company wasn't listed.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have not checked to see if I see this but if it's only an EX, do you think that could have played any part in why EX stopped offering Fico Reports through MyFico a couple years ago? Maybe this "communications something rather" company offered EX more money or with this company EX went to big clients to offer them almost like a security for themselves to stay more on top??? Just a thought that almos seems illegal if so but it would kind of top my list of you are pretty smart and sneaky EX!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reviewed my softs on EX and they have softed me 10 times since 01/01/12, 8 of them are after my app spree. The last time softed by them is 01/19. Amex and Citi softed me the same day. I really hope Amex or Citi doesn't close or CLD me because of the new accounts Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.