Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Credit Card

So I applied for a credit one credit card on Wednesday night and it said I was approved with a $400 credit limit when I check the status for it, it says “application in process” ? Not sure if I got the card or not? Are they just looking over it. Kind of confused.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Credit One Credit Card

Call their customer service line. Sometimes, it takes lenders a day or two for all their computers to be on the same page. Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a pre-approval letter and a colorful dummy card today from credit one, it says $500 cl and call in and yhe CL may increase. I dont like the APR of almost 25% and $75 annual fee.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be careful with Credit One because many of their cards don't have a grace period and start charging you interest as soon as the charge posts.
Message 4 of 9
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

The trick to credit one and not paying interest. Is to never carry a balance on it. My card doesn’t have a grace period but as long as I pay the balance in full on it the day before the statement cuts i’ve never paid them a dime of interest. And it reports a zero to the credit agencies.

They did get me the very first month for 11 cents. They waited to charge the annual fee until about 4 days before the statement cut and it stayed pending until the day after it cut. So I got charged interest on it.

look at that new rebuilder card instead of credit one they suck!

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 9
arenglish
New Contributor

OP, have you looked into Discover or Captial One and their secured cards? They would be a much better option than Credit One. Discover and Capital One both have no annual fee. Discover graduates and gives rewards, Capital One has credit steps after 6 months...

Just food for thought, but I'd rather have a secured card than a card with a high APR and any kind of AF.

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll have to agree with the above posts. I strongly recommend not activating that card so you are not sucked into the Credit One annual fees, high APR, limited credit limit growth and lack of graduation policy.

Apply for a MasterCard or discover secured card. No annual fee, clearer interest terms, credit increases and graduation within about a year. 11th statement for Capital One.

Forgo Credit One if you haven’t activated the card. Capital One will give you the Secured Platinum for sure.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with your endeavors here

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op, my second card was credit one and they have been good, $45 AF, SL $1000 then CLi to $2000. Paid on time for three months and was able to get Discover and Chase cards. I have no complaints and although will closing this card in novmber 2018. Good Luck.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.