Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Retention Offer

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One Retention Offer

Lol, if i cut Disco, id be the Pariah of myFicoSmiley Sad No, that just wont do! Hulk Smashing is the only thing im good at in creditSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 14
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@MyFault wrote:

I know the consensus is to cancel Credit One ASAP, however i stupidly allowed this card to grow long enough to be my oldest CC on my file. So, i'm not ready to cancel it just yet. At least not until i have a 5 card base minimum without it. And my new cards age a little bit longer.

So, i'll be cancelling it soon. Probably in 6 months.

Since Credit One charges your AF monthly, that was my biggest complaint with the card. I've sock drawered it and have no plans to use it ever again, however i didn't want to deal with paying the stupid $8.25 every month. So, i called their retention department and they cancelled the AF for 3 months, plus they credited me $15 to cover the AF for this month, and some other charges they billed me this month that i paid the day they posted. The retention guy straight up told me to call in 3 months and they'll see what's available then, but he was hinting they'll extend the cancelled fee at that time also.

So, i'm keeping it open for now and i don't have to worry about their fee's for the next 3 months. Until i call again in November.

I think it's a win, for now. So I thought i'd share.

MyFault,

This is an attempt to ultimately maintain their revenue stream.  You have OLTL, don't waste it!  

Prince.gif

Message 12 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, if i cut Disco, id be the Pariah of myFicoSmiley Sad No, that just wont do! Hulk Smashing is the only thing im good at in creditSmiley Wink

I was denied a CLI today. How do I join your club?

Message 13 of 14
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

OP, 

If I were in your shoes, and I had the scores and revolving credit lines listed in your signature,  I would cancel Credit One as soon as physically possible.   This is a standard Risk/Reward equation.

That being said, thank you for sharing the data points in the original post.  For those who may need to retain a Credit One card, it could be valuable.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.