Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One - STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One - STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

When I called them 3 months or so to close the account, balance was $0 that time when I made the last payment before request for account closure then somehow they tried to bill me the AF, I got a bill last week stating that I owe them $99. I laughed, I simply foward this case to attorney general in Nevada. 

Guess what, 3 days later, I got letter from Credit One said it dropped all charges and completly closed the account.

My advice, STAY AWAY from them. They're pure evil!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One - STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Lawd have mercy!

Message 2 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your closure!
Message 3 of 12
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

They need to be shut down.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

They need to be shut down.

There are lenders who are even more predatory that would jump for joy if Credit One was gone. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm going to close my card by end of the month after I pay my full balance, because my credit limit is $1,500 and they are charging me $8.25 for account maintenance fee. I'm willing to take the hit to my age of accounts because I have the QS with a limit of $10,000 Venture with a limit of $13,000 and Savor with a limit of $10,000.

Message 6 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm going to close my card by end of the month after I pay my full balance, because my credit limit is $1,500 and they are charging me $8.25 for account maintenance fee. I'm willing to take the hit to my age of accounts because I have the QS with a limit of $10,000 Venture with a limit of $13,000 and Savor with a limit of $10,000.

Your AAoA should remain the same. The Credit One account should stay on your credit report for up to 10 years from date of close unless removed earlier.

Message 7 of 12
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Dayumn.

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Never heard of themSmiley Sad. Id love to have the privilege of donating $99 to their coffers after an account closure.

🥴
Message 9 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Credit one is not an ideal lender, but sometimes it's a necessary evil to start the rebuilding/building process.

While we like to think of them as evil, google any major lender and fines they had to pay in the last 5-10 years.
Shady is not limited to Credit One.
Luckily you were able to handle it and move on. That's what's supposed to happen with this card anyway.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.