Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One with no annual fee?

tag
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Credit One with no annual fee?

I have a credit one Platinum (CL$500) with a $99 annual fee that I acquired for rebuilding purposes. My Fico is now @700 across the board and my balance is $0 with credit One. I now have several very decent cards and no longer need the low limit CreditOne card with annual fee. Should I just close the card or are there any suggestions for a PC to a better CreditOne card with no fee?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One with no annual fee?

Honestly with your scores there is no "better" Credit One at all.  Close it and monitor it for a few months to make sure they don't add fees after closing.

There are many many more "better" cards from better banks out there.

Message 2 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@I have a credit one Platinum (CL$500) with a $99 annual fee that I acquired for rebuilding purposes. My Fico is now @Anonymous across the board and my balance is $0 with credit One. I now have several very decent cards and no longer need the low limit CreditOne card with annual fee. Should I just close the card or are there any suggestions for a PC to a better CreditOne card with no fee?

Just close it..

Theres really no such thing as a PC with Credit One... theres no such thing as an APR reduction and theres very little/no CLI (at least without a fee) movement... Youve outgrown CreditOne... now close it and be done with the pond scum.....

Onto bigger and better things..

-J

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@I have a credit one Platinum (CL$500) with a $99 annual fee that I acquired for rebuilding purposes. My Fico is now @Anonymous across the board and my balance is $0 with credit One. I now have several very decent cards and no longer need the low limit CreditOne card with annual fee. Should I just close the card or are there any suggestions for a PC to a better CreditOne card with no fee?

That is what we call an oxymoron. Run away as fast as you can!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

In my opinion, Credit One is a rebuilder and once it's served it's purpose, there is no need to have it unless you want it. I closed mine after being ABLE to aquire better cards that will continue to grow with you...good luck on whateverSmiley Happy you decide.....

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If there was to be a pc for a Credit One it would look like this:

Credit One •••••》 Capitol One Lol

Progression at its finestSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Ok, Ok. making call now. lol

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never even had a Credit One card and still don't want to PC anything from them. Just drop Fees One and leave them in your past!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.