Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reports Update twice a month?!

tag
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

Credit Reports Update twice a month?!

Hello,

I am trying to increase my credit scores to purchase a home (need about 30 points now) and have been paying my CC's down diligently to lower utilization.

As such, I know the credit card reporting dates like the back of my hand..

Until today- when I realized I have two cards (Victorias Secret Angel and Amazon) that on occasion report TWICE in one month. Why is this?

Does this impact negatively or positively?

Or is it just an annoyance because I hadn't realized?

Thank you!

-S

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Reports Update twice a month?!

Just a guess!, I don't really know.

Maybe a quarterly report of some sort, it is the end of March

Message 2 of 10
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

You may be right! Thanks for the insight. I hadn't thought of that.

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Chase updates after the statement is issued. And they update again when you pay your card to zero. Last month, they updated my report three times.

Message 4 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Chase updates after the statement is issued. And they update again when you pay your card to zero. Last month, they updated my report three times.

Some cards will do a mid-cycle update on request, or automatically if you pay the card to zero........

Noticed with a few cards if you zero it out more than once in a month, it will report....

If you make a sizable payment, and it goes through, sometimes you can ask the card issue for a mid cycle update/reporting... 

-J

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Synch cards both update 2X a months. They are the only ones. Not sure if VS is Synch but Amazon is and that is one of mine that does update 2X a month-religiously
Message 6 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

VS is Comenity. They've never updated midcycle for us.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why OPs Vs card is then. Synch is standard-at least on mine. Maybe it's new for Comenity or maybe it only happens if you make a payment?!? Guess we will find out soon enough. I don't have any Comenity cards so can't tell you from my own experience. Keep the forum updated tho please so we know.
Message 8 of 10
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Really? I recently payed 2 Chase cards to 0, and the statements closed a day or two after that payment. My CK's weekly refresh was yesterday and my balances haven't been updated yet. Is that CK's fault for not pulling new data from the CRAs, or the CRAs fault for not updating their own records, or Chase's fault for not reporting?

Message 9 of 10
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

The VS is Comenity and the Amazon is Synch..

The VS is  paid down to zero but the Synch is not... Maybe it's just a weird month. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.