Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit increase reporting ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit limit increase reporting ?

I recently (feb16 or 17) got my care credit card limit increased from $4,000 to $11,000.   Do I have to use the card again for the limit increase to report to credit agencies or will paying my next payment do that?  I currently have a $500 balance that I make $100 payments each month so just curious.

i haven't looked at any current reports lately as credit karma doesn't seem to show anything and the my fico monitoring I pay for here doesn't as well.  

I was added as an authorized user on my brothers venture one so I got my card in the mail yesterday.  I assumed after I use it then it would start reporting but was wanting the CLI from the care credit to report as well.  I had small CLI increases on my cap one cards about a month ago and should be getting my steps increase on one of my cards in March.   

Im not sure how much utilization helps me right now considering Im trying to build up 3 credit cards and 1 store card but trying to see a change in my scores.  Aging the accounts I know is important but the monitoring I use here has never shown a score change in anything.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit limit increase reporting ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently (feb16 or 17) got my care credit card limit increased from $4,000 to $11,000.   Do I have to use the card again for the limit increase to report to credit agencies or will paying my next payment do that?  I currently have a $500 balance that I make $100 payments each month so just curious.

i haven't looked at any current reports lately as credit karma doesn't seem to show anything and the my fico monitoring I pay for here doesn't as well.  

I was added as an authorized user on my brothers venture one so I got my card in the mail yesterday.  I assumed after I use it then it would start reporting but was wanting the CLI from the care credit to report as well.  I had small CLI increases on my cap one cards about a month ago and should be getting my steps increase on one of my cards in March.   

Im not sure how much utilization helps me right now considering Im trying to build up 3 credit cards and 1 store card but trying to see a change in my scores.  Aging the accounts I know is important but the monitoring I use here has never shown a score change in anything.

They will automatically report the CLI to the CRAs

Message 2 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

yes. since you have balance . they will report. i did notice before on my walmart. same synch. i had 0 balance. so i charged some things to make it report. i left like 3 dollars on it. after it reported. i paid it off too.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the info!  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.