Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pulls database alternatives?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit pulls database alternatives?

Hey Brutal, did you end up applying? Care to share your data?

I have applied to quite a few cards this year.

AMEX pulled EX for charge and credit, whether co-branded or straight from AMEX.

Capital One always pulls all 3 (even if you apply to OD credit line for checking account).

Citi AAdvantage pulled EX

Chase SW RR pulled EX

Discover student loan pulled all 3.

Sallie student loan pulled TU

US Dept Edu pulled TU

Message 11 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Also to add to the fun is that even divisions of the same lender may pull different reports.

For example:

Citi Retail (Home Depot, Brooks Brothers, Best Buy) have pulled EQ in my experience.

Any other legacy Citi card has always pulled EX.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Apart from the sample size (on credit pull database, whogavemecredit and threads here) being small, it is also biased and potentially inaccurate!     I think it's reasonable to assume that most people who enter such data are credit card junkies, and as such probably have  a lot more inqs, new accounts etc than the average person who applies for the card.   So if an issuer is particularly sensitive to inqs, for example, people may get the card with a lower score than suggested here.

Message 13 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's very possible. I use it here and there. I'll admit it's discouraging when you look for something specific, and there isn't much info, or more recent info. It's a good tool though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for 4 cards and all 4 pulled exactly what I expected them to:

Lowe's - TU

Amex - EX

Discover - EQ

Blispay - EX

Again, I'm in upstate NY for anyone that cares.  I had no inquiries prior to this "spree" so I'm glad that I only ended up with 2 on EX and 1 on TU and EQ.  Only the Lowe's account was added to my reports so far; nothing else has been reported.  My scores have actually gone up 2-3 points on average after this app spree; I did not see any reduction at all from the inquiries.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.