cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Cap 1 Customer - Requested Docs On New App !

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Current Cap 1 Customer - Requested Docs On New App !

I have been a Cap One customer since 15'. I have had several cards combined into one...

Waited out the 6 months and app'd for the Venture One on 8/8.

I was approved for a measly 2k and dissapointed...

Tonight I logged into my Cap One account to check some charges my new card showed restricted !

So I called in and they claim some of the info in my application didnt match my CR which I 100% disputed considering I know what I typed and I check my reports daily.

They required I send in Front/Back of my DL, copy of my SS and utility bill or front page of my bank statement.

So I uploaded them immediately...

No problem !

More curious WHY all of sudden they requested this when I verified my info and have been a customer !

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Current Cap 1 Customer - Requested Docs On New App !

@tussking wrote:

I have been a Cap One customer since 15'. I have had several cards combined into one...

Waited out the 6 months and app'd for the Venture One on 8/8.

I was approved for a measly 2k and dissapointed...

Tonight I logged into my Cap One account to check some charges my new card showed restricted !

So I called in and they claim some of the info in my application didnt match my CR which I 100% disputed considering I know what I typed and I check my reports daily.

They required I send in Front/Back of my DL, copy of my SS and utility bill or front page of my bank statement.

So I uploaded them immediately...

No problem !

More curious WHY all of sudden they requested this when I verified my info and have been a customer !

I don't think it is anything personal. These companies get hit with fraud so often they have to be really careful. Something in your app must have triggered their computer to think something was off. This would have annoyed me as well but at least you took care of it quickly!

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 3
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Current Cap 1 Customer - Requested Docs On New App !

Yeah I was just approved for a second card today. When I called this morning to ask about the limit, they did sat I may be asked for more documentation at time of activation. Thought it was strange they didn't request it before approval and that I am current customer but oh well.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.