Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current cards with large initial CL?

tag
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

Current cards with large initial CL?

Hello everyone! I haven't been on these forums much lately so I'm a little out of the scoop on current products out there. Does anyone know of any current companies / cards giving out large initial CL? As a new milestone I am shooting for the 100k mark of total available credit. =)
myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Current cards with large initial CL?

Capital One Venture

Navy- if profile supports

Chase CSR , possibly , minimum 10k

Theres a Region specifivl credit union a poster talked about recently that minimum sl is 25k, i think FTCU, but may be wrong

Penfed- if profile supports

Synchrony Lowes, can get big limit fast if profile supports it.

I believe a premium card from US Bank for travel has been giving big limits, cant recall name right now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disclaimer : Sorry if this response disappoints you.

Credit limits, in my view, are based on three factors:

1. Credit history, score and financial health of the applicant

2. Underwriting capacity of the issuing bank itself and

3. The risk the issuing bank is willing to take on the facts revealed by the applicant...

There is no direct answer. While some products tend to provide higher limits, it also depends on what kind of credit profile they're targeting.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only card that comes to mind without higher end credit profiles is the CapitalOne Venture. People seem to easily get 15k or more even with mid to high 600 FICO 8 scores.
Message 4 of 5
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Are you looking for something particular, rewards? Cash back? Travel? Or just the CL?

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.