Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Issues Already

tag
claeyssen
Established Member

Re: DCU Issues Already

I joined online today and opened visa for 5k. They ask for pay stub and license, I emailed to them and they emailed me later with everything done and said I would receive welcome packet in 7-10 daysSmiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 637 EQ 646 TU 663 EX
Current Score: 658 EQ 658 TU 663 EX
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
eviLution
Established Contributor

@claeyssen wrote:

I joined online today and opened visa for 5k. They ask for pay stub and license, I emailed to them and they emailed me later with everything done and said I would receive welcome packet in 7-10 daysSmiley Indifferent

Shouldn't you be happy?!?! lol

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 12 of 20
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I'm waiting to find the car I want, so I can apply for auto loan/Visa at the same time.  I'm in RI, so it's basically a local bank for me.  I shouldn't have any of the long distanct type problems since I can waltz into a branch.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 13 of 20
eviLution
Established Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

I'm waiting to find the car I want, so I can apply for auto loan/Visa at the same time.  I'm in RI, so it's basically a local bank for me.  I shouldn't have any of the long distanct type problems since I can waltz into a branch.

Howdy neighbor!

I'm from Fall River, MA. Smiley Very Happy

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 14 of 20
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

Howdy neighbor!

I'm from Fall River, MA. Smiley Very Happy

Small world!  (Also, I'm in a very small state)

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 15 of 20
claeyssen
Established Member

@eviLution wrote:

@claeyssen wrote:

Shouldn't you be happy?!?! lol

i am stoked i was just saying they did good by me

Starting Score: 637 EQ 646 TU 663 EX
Current Score: 658 EQ 658 TU 663 EX
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@joeyh2007 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I think that address verification is needed anytime you apply for a card and your address is a new one that doesn't already show up on your report.  Its a smart thing for banks to do, to make sure they aren't sending cards out to identity theives

I agree, except the address I applied under was on my CR at the time of the application.

Anytime your identifying papers ie license, CR and mailing address do not match- they will request additional paperwork.  When I enjoined 7 years ago, I had just sold our home- consequently my CR, license, etc had my old address.  I simply sent the lease to my new residence and my membership packet was received the next week. 

Message 17 of 20
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@joeyh2007 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I think that address verification is needed anytime you apply for a card and your address is a new one that doesn't already show up on your report.  Its a smart thing for banks to do, to make sure they aren't sending cards out to identity theives

I agree, except the address I applied under was on my CR at the time of the application.

Anytime your identifying papers ie license, CR and mailing address do not match- they will request additional paperwork.  When I enjoined 7 years ago, I had just sold our home- consequently my CR, license, etc had my old address.  I simply sent the lease to my new residence and my membership packet was received the next week. 

But my identifying papers all matched.  My CRs, my driver's license, my utility bill and my paystub all had my correct name and address on them.  I also send my social securty card and the signature matched what was on my DL.  They declined my membership because they were "unable to adeqpately verify the information provided" even though I gave them more than I needed to.  No one there could explain to me what it was exactly that they couldn't verify.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 18 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kimmiller112 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@joeyh2007 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

But my identifying papers all matched.  My CRs, my driver's license, my utility bill and my paystub all had my correct name and address on them.  I also send my social securty card and the signature matched what was on my DL.  They declined my membership because they were "unable to adeqpately verify the information provided" even though I gave them more than I needed to.  No one there could explain to me what it was exactly that they couldn't verify.

I would definitely ask for a supervisor. 

Message 19 of 20
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@joeyh2007 wrote:

I was approved for a $5,000 DCU Visa.

So now I've been trying to open the savings account required to join the CU and open the credit card. I can't believe how many times I've had to call and see if they had received my documents and they still won't open my account. They say they still need to verify my address, but it's insane because I've already submitted my driver's license, social security card, and a utility bill. They want ANOTHER utility bill which I cannot furnish since it's not my name on the apartment lease, I just sublet. 

The last time I called, I was hung up on by a rude representative, so I quickly called back and demanded a manager. 

So now I'm waiting for the manager of the new accounts department to call me back. This is insane as my EQ has already taken 2 hits to open this account. I really don't know if I even want this card anymore.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but your experience with DCU is not one of a kind. I joined them a few months back and after being approved membership and a $3K limit credit card, I started to notice problems with their customer service.I truly wanted this card but I couldn't escape the feeling that the customer service was less than par for credit unions, and even less than many of the banks I have come across. Something made me feel uncomfortable and I decided to cancel the membership and card. They gave me the feeling that my business didn't matter much.They saw me as just a number.Other forum members have had better experiences with DCU.Just thought I'd share my experience and hope it helps.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.