Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER PRE-APPROVAL ONLINE SITE

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Re: DISCOVER PRE-APPROVAL ONLINE SITE

Just tried the Preapproval Online Site-"Congratulations Anderl,you are Preapproved for the following offer.....applied and got the 5-7day message for further processingSmiley Surprised ps-Discover PRM'ed me on 1/07/11.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just tried the pre-approval site and got the following "Congratulations, you are pre-approved for these offers" and a list of ten Discover More cards with various intro offers and aprs are listed. 

Is this a good sign?  My scores are EQ 689, TU 679, EX (PSECU) 666 with two inquiries on each of the EQ and TU (which one will fall off in July and the other is 6 months old) and three on EX (same scenario, plus PSECU in 12/10). 

EQ and TU have a paid collection of 2008 and EX has two paid collections of 2007 and 2008.  My util is below 27% (hasn't updated the 9% util yet), my AAOA is about 4 on all.

What are my chances of being approved?  Any guesses?

Thanks

Message 22 of 27
chan85
Established Contributor

I would personally hold off. I have a card with them and when my credit was perfect, they never increased my $500 line when I asked, and now that I have a few baddies, including a paid collection, they are unwlling to approve me for a CLI and I stupidly app'd for the More. thinking it would be easier to get approved for a new line instead of increasing an existing one (my Cap1 theory as well), and was declined bc of the paid collections and high balances (I had just run up my Zync card to about $1200 and it reported). So if I had any collections, paid or not, I would be hesitant. When I called for a recon, they basically said I have to wait the 7 yrs until they fall off before they will budge on my existing account or a new one.... Smiley Sad

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 23 of 27
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

I just tried the pre-approval app and it said they couldn't pre-approve for anything but I was welcome to apply for any of the cards they listed.  When I clicked on the "Why wasn't I preapprove link", it said because I wasn't in their system.  Do you have to be in their system for them to preapprove you?  I've never heard such thing.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you opted out? I think they can only prequal you if you are opted in.

Message 25 of 27
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you opted out? I think they can only prequal you if you are opted in.

I guess I'd have to say yes since I don't have any of their products.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean opted out in general for prescreened offers.

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/

You can opt in from this site. Takes about 60 days to update.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.