Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily cash back - per day or 24 hours?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Daily cash back - per day or 24 hours?

My Discover and Walmart cards offer cash back when making purchases. I can get $100 from Walmart and $120 from Discover per day. But it is a calendar day or is it in 24 hours?  I've had Discover denyed on the second day but work the next so I'm thinking they might look at it as 24 hours. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Daily cash back - per day or 24 hours?

Better just to wait 24 hours, that way there is no confusion on a day or 24 hours (day) Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe its once per 24 hours. But given the current climate, if you haven't used it regularly and now start to use it often or everyday, that could bring attention to your account. 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to make sure.  It is 24 hrs. 

Screenshot_20200402-212702_Chrome.jpg

Message 4 of 19
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Good info!  Thanks! I was going in the evening so I guess I sometimes was there earlier than 24 hours. Today I went in the morning so now it can be daily for awhile. Just putting some extra cash aside incase it's needed.

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

oops, accidentally posted in wrong thread.

Its ok, the more the MFing MerrierSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering they still charge the standard interest rate on it, I'd rather just go to the ATM for cash if I need it.

That said, it can be convienant to just get $20-50 right there just to have it on hand. I've only done a couple times with both lenders.

But since I like to PIF I'm not sure of the benefit, it's not like you can get $100 every 24.2 hours and stockpile it. At some point very soon you gotta pay it back, or pay the piper.

Message 7 of 19
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Considering they still charge the standard interest rate on it, I'd rather just go to the ATM for cash if I need it.

That said, it can be convienant to just get $20-50 right there just to have it on hand. I've only done a couple times with both lenders.

But since I like to PIF I'm not sure of the benefit, it's not like you can get $100 every 24.2 hours and stockpile it. At some point very soon you gotta pay it back, or pay the piper.

Well actually, you can! Smiley Happy  I usually PIF too but with the current economic situation, it will be nice to have a little extra cash on hand for a couple of months. My statesments just closed so I won't be due to pay it back for 2 months anyway.

I came across something interesting today. Neither by Walmart or Discover cards gave me the option to get quick cash. I usually asks if I want cash back. Then I select yes or no. If yes, I select the amount. Today, I inserted the cards then it processes the transation without asking. First with Walmart then Discover. I tried it at two registers at two Walmarts. The same result each time.  It's been over 24 hours since I last got cash.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that it is an exact 24 hr cycle.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed Walmart being low on cash these days. Try a non-Walmart store that receives less traffic.

@masscredit wrote:

I came across something interesting today. Neither by Walmart or Discover cards gave me the option to get quick cash. I usually asks if I want cash back. Then I select yes or no. If yes, I select the amount. Today, I inserted the cards then it processes the transation without asking. First with Walmart then Discover. I tried it at two registers at two Walmarts. The same result each time.  It's been over 24 hours since I last got cash.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.