Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data points for new approvals

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Data points for new approvals

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share some data points for anyone who is interested.

Opened on 6/8

Amex Delta -1,000  (pulled exp)

Amex Green- NPSL (no pull, did it right after Delta approval)

Discover IT- $1,200 (double pull Exp & Equ)

Citi Double Cash $2,000 (Exp)

Walmart $900 (TU)

Still waiting to hear back from Chase re Freedom (pulled Exp)

Utl- 0%

Had 1 inq on TU now 2

Had 4 inq on EQ now 5

not sure about Exp

Income is $69,000

1 open collection from 2011 for $1,041 

Scores at the time of apping was EQ 644, TU 646, and EX 628, since apping so far have ony lost 2 points on Eq 

Prior to this had not apped for anything for 18 months

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Data points for new approvals

Out of interest, why the Amex Green?  Do you have a plan to use and keep it (vs say nothing or the PRG)?

Message 2 of 15
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Out of interest, why the Amex Green?  Do you have a plan to use and keep it (vs say nothing or the PRG)?

In all honesty I knew I wanted a charge card that would be easier to get and from what Ive researched its was the Green also for some odd reason I have always wanted that card since I was little. Lastly I knew more about it than the others... Should I have gone with the PRG? Is it better? Why?

UTL 7%
Message 3 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

In all honesty I knew I wanted a charge card that would be easier to get and from what Ive researched its was the Green also for some odd reason I have always wanted that card since I was little. Lastly I knew more about it than the others... Should I have gone with the PRG? Is it better? Why?

Well, if that is what you wanted for personal reasons, then that makes sense!    But reward wise, the PRG gives more bonus and much more earning potential, and like the green the fee is waived the first year.  The green has less earning potential than the free Everyday Card, so unless you need a charge card, often doesn't make sense to keep it after the first year.

Message 4 of 15
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Well, if that is what you wanted for personal reasons, then that makes sense!    But reward wise, the PRG gives more bonus and much more earning potential, and like the green the fee is waived the first year.  The green has less earning potential than the free Everyday Card, so unless you need a charge card, often doesn't make sense to keep it after the first year.

Ahh Ok, I see wont that look bad to close it out after only a year? Or would I have the possibitly of pc'ing to the prg at that time. If I did would it be anthoer inq and new account listed?

UTL 7%
Message 5 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Should have applied for the freedom first. You just opened 5 accounts and are currently waiting to hear from chase, well you may get snagged by 5/24. Hopefully not. Good luck and congrats on your approvals.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC won't cost anything pull wise.  If you JUST got it, I would try calling and asking for the PRG instead.  Who knows, might work.

Message 7 of 15
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Should have applied for the freedom first. You just opened 5 accounts and are currently waiting to hear from chase, well you may get snagged by 5/24. Hopefully not. Good luck and congrats on your approvals.

Hi there Creditguy, Freedom was one of the 5 I think number 3 or 4 and they were all done in the span of 15 min of each other so I m think I am ok with 5/24. Thanks for the advice though!!

UTL 7%
Message 8 of 15
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

PC won't cost anything pull wise.  If you JUST got it, I would try calling and asking for the PRG instead.  Who knows, might work.

Hi, I got approved on the 8th and they mailed the cards out already Smiley Sad

UTL 7%
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronstar7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I got approved on the 8th and they mailed the cards out already Smiley Sad

Smiley Sad  it's 12 months for a PC. No biggie.  Could wait and get the 50k bonus for PRG then and don't PC Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.