Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2014 - Garden Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

From the various people I've seen, the upgrade to HTML seems to be a combination of posts and time. If you post a lot, it is a shorter time period, or so it seems to me. 

Message 361 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BUN wrote:

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your journey!

Thanks for the welcome and the kudos.

I can see this gardening thing is going to be tough. Got home a little while ago and the Amex BCE arrived in all it's clear plastic splendor.

Received an eMail from Amazon that the rewards card has shipped and received two other 'pre-approved' offers that I put in the trash un-opened.

I must resist. Smiley Wink

Message 362 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCE is perty Smiley Very Happy I love the way little rainbows dance on the blue square when the light hits it

Hola GC! Paid balances down to $0 in Nov, EQ dropped 11 pts, TU dropped 16 and EX stayed the same. Still makes no sense to me that not having any debt causes a score decrease but ok. Experimenting a little by letting all cards report a balance this month then pay them off one by one Smiley Happy No need for micro managing at the moment so Im trying out a couple different ideas. Have a great day!
Message 363 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

After luking in the shadows, I decided to post today.  I snuck out of the garden temporarily.  I decided to do some online shopping at walmart.com.  I got the pop up and decided to go for it. (gardening for a mere two weeks).  Received a $1000 cl.  I have applied several times and was denied.  Then I thought well lets try this again.  Texaco/chevron card approved for $700.  Last week I got a CLI from Amazon as well!  Very excited!!  Back to the garden I go.

Message 364 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Blondie! Welcome to the garden!

Message 365 of 1,375
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

How did you get Chevron to pop-up? What site was you on? Also, I didn't know Wal-Mart do the popup...hmmn
Message 366 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was no pop-up on the Chevron.  I was checking out at walmart and it offered a $25 credit for applying.  So pop up might not be the correct term.  I had not seen that link in the past though.  

Message 367 of 1,375
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After luking in the shadows, I decided to post today.  I snuck out of the garden temporarily.  I decided to do some online shopping at walmart.com.  I got the pop up and decided to go for it. (gardening for a mere two weeks).  Received a $1000 cl.  I have applied several times and was denied.  Then I thought well lets try this again.  Texaco/chevron card approved for $700.  Last week I got a CLI from Amazon as well!  Very excited!!  Back to the garden I go.

Congrats!

Welcome to the garden!

Message 368 of 1,375
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

First time in the Garden!

Winter crop planted, feet up, pizza and glass of Moscato in hand...I'm Good! Smiley Happy

Message 369 of 1,375
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Happy Holidays to all...

I finally made it back up to a Gold Spade...yay! This is the hardest part of the year to stay in the garden, but if I've made it this far, the next few months should be a breeze. I beat the Citi DC temptation, as well as the Diner's Club, so if no other "seductive" offers come around, my next couple of spade upgrades should be easy...I hope.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 370 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.