Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed mailing of AMEX AU card

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Delayed mailing of AMEX AU card

I requested an AU card from my platinum account for my dad before Christmas and it still hasn't arrived. A supervisor is looking in to why I haven't received it yet despite FedEx info showing that it should've been sent out. She indicated that she would then review my account to see what she "can do for me due to the inconvenience."

What do you think my options are?

What do you think I should suggest as compensation for said inconvenience?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Delayed mailing of AMEX AU card

Have them cancel and overnight for inconvenience. I don't see any additonal compensation for the inconvenience. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

I requested an AU card from my platinum account for my dad before Christmas and it still hasn't arrived. A supervisor is looking in to why I haven't received it yet despite FedEx info showing that it should've been sent out. She indicated that she would then review my account to see what she "can do for me due to the inconvenience."

What do you think my options are?

What do you think I should suggest as compensation for said inconvenience?

My AU Platinum cards were sent by mail, not Fedex - only mine was sent FedEx.

However, when we didn't get an AU's card (Primary was Gold at the time, not Platinum) they send it out by courier with next day delivery. 

As a customer, the "why" isn't of any importance to you. That's for them to worry about and to get you a replacement ASAP.

Message 3 of 13
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Using FedEx was their attempt (after failing to get it to by USPS) to get it to me overnight. For some reason, it wasn't handled by FedEx at all, when it should've been.

She's offering to ease my inconvenience. I was hoping the community could help my figure out what to counter Whatever offer she may put on the table. Maybe points? I only have 160k+ points.
AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 4 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@MontegoMack   I don't know if there is anything gain here.  First and foremost is to actually get the card to you.   As far as compensation...shipping mistakes happen all the time.  The fact that you mention Amex used USPS to overnight a card is shocking to me because in my entire time with them USPS has NEVER been used for anything other than snail-mail.  It's typically FedEx for weekday delivery and if you have a Platinum card they will in some cases use UPS for a Saturday delivery.

If she offers you anything I'd take it an be happy.  This doesn't seem like a counter-offer type of situation sense you really haven't been wrong'd sorta speak.  Stuff gets lost in the mail all the time.  

Best of luck to you and I hope you get your AU card soon!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@MontegoMack   I don't know if there is anything gain here.  First and foremost is to actually get the card to you.   As far as compensation...shipping mistakes happen all the time.  The fact that you mention Amex used USPS to overnight a card is shocking to me because in my entire time with them USPS has NEVER been used for anything other than snail-mail.  It's typically FedEx for weekday delivery and if you have a Platinum card they will in some cases use UPS for a Saturday delivery.

If she offers you anything I'd take it an be happy.  This doesn't seem like a counter-offer type of situation sense you really haven't been wrong'd sorta speak.  Stuff gets lost in the mail all the time.  

This. 

They just took a few more days to get you a card. They didn't kidnap your first-born. 

If they offer you some compensation, graciously take it. A "counter offer" would be tacky and unwarranted at this point. 

Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Loquat wrote:

Agree.

OP, there's really nothing to counter from whatever they provide as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience.  I would just take it and call it a day.  Now, if this was a major, involved issue that required some escalating, then possibly.  Definitely an inconvenience, but this is just business as usual when it comes to card issuance instances. 

Message 7 of 13
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

They tried sending it by whatever courier they usually use.
I didn't get it.
They tried sending it FedEx overnight and I still didn't get it.
They know I've been inconvenienced.
I'll accept whatever they offer me.

Thanks for the guidance and reminder of etiquette.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A flight attendant got a couple of drops of tea on my hand when passing it over me. I wasn't bothered - the water cooled off enough in the drop to only be warm, not burring hot.

I got 1,000 skymiles for that - she tried to give me more - after I tuned down the offer of a free drink, since I'd just come from one skylounge and was heading to another. 

So if you get more tthan 1,000 MR points I'd say you're doing well. 

Message 9 of 13
cr101
Established Contributor

As much as they hound you to get an AU (literally every---single--interaction), I'm surprised that you've had to wait so long to get it.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.