Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denial Question

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Denial Question

In the process of fixing things on my credit.  Figured I would try for a loan to consolidate debt.  Reading through the forums and some online reviews, thought I would try.  Denied but only a SP from what I have seen.  Now the question I have is about the denial reason -

After very carefully reviewing your application, we are sorry to advise you that we cannot approve your loan request for the following reasons

1. Your credit score: 631 - on a good note...a lot higher than I thought Smiley Very Happy
  2. Scores range from 300 to 850 - Real FICO?
  1. Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed This I understand
  2. Length of time revolving accounts have been established  - guess AAoA is to short?
  3. Length of time since derogatory public record or collection is too short  - assume this means that there is a to recent collection?
  4. Lack of recent installment loan information - This mean all I have are CC's and they would like to see a loan or something? This is what I am questioning.  Also, I just became a co-signer with my DH on an auto refi....would this count once it reports?

Thanks as always

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Denial Question

1. Your credit score: 631 - on a good note...a lot higher than I thought Smiley Very Happy 
  2. Scores range from 300 to 850 - Real FICO? 
  1. Serious delinquency, and public record or collection filed This I understand
  2. Length of time revolving accounts have been established  - guess AAoA is to short? Yes your AAOA is too short, generally over 2 years is good
  3. Length of time since derogatory public record or collection is too short  - assume this means that there is a to recent collection? Yeah you must have like a missed payment, or a collection and that has recently happened. 
  4. Lack of recent installment loan information - This mean all I have are CC's and they would like to see a loan or something? This is what I am questioning.  Also, I just became a co-signer with my DH on an auto refi....would this count once it reports? I dont know for sure about co-singors reporting, i thought a co-signor is only affected when the person you signed for messes up. As for installments generally it means a loan, like payments on a loan. For a CC it would say revolving accounts.

Thanks as always

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 13
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Where/how can I find out my AAoA? 

Is it a formula?  Is it something that is expressly listed on a CR? 

Thanks for the response Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

Where/how can I find out my AAoA? 

Is it a formula?  Is it something that is expressly listed on a CR? 

Thanks for the response Smiley Happy

http://seemly.com/aaoa-calculator/

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I assume I need to put anything that is listed with a "Date Opened" information line.

Thanks for the link Smiley Happy

HMMM, putting what I just asked, AAoA of 3 years

Message 5 of 13
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

You can get your AAOA from creditkarma, dont trust that score. But the nice thing is it will tell you your AAOA, any new CC's and loans such as Student loans will affect your AAOA, but it can help it in the long run too. 
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 13
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to you too Skye Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

CK age 8 months LOL, that's a pretty big difference

Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
You can get your AAOA from creditkarma, dont trust that score. But the nice thing is it will tell you your AAOA, any new CC's and loans such as Student loans will affect your AAOA, but it can help it in the long run too. 

Don't trust AAoA from CK 

It does not count closed accounts but it should so really that part is a FAKO too 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 13
from500to700
Regular Contributor

What does recent dragotery means like less than a year , 2 or ?
Also when they say recent open account a year old or 2 or ?
Thanks for the expected help

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.