Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Chase Freedom + denied after Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied by Chase Freedom + denied after Recon

Right, so I am new to credit. I had a clean slate of credit, no good history, no bad history - until December 2013 in which I got an auto loan.

Since then, I have been paying it on time, no missed or late payments. I have Chase checking and Chase savings. I have never had a credit card. The only other credit history I have is a phone from T-Mobile, which is also 100% on time payments. I went to the bank in person and applied there - instantly denied by computer. Insufficient credit history. So I followed the advice of this forum, and called the recon number, and the man I spoke to was very polite and nice, but I was denied again. They want longer credit history, or more established credit.

So......instead, I went and accepted the mail offers I have been getting from Capital One. I applied online and got approved instantly today.

Do I lose any hope of Chase Freedom until 2015? I think recon, in my case, has no effect because of insufficient history? What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Denied for Chase Freedom at bank + recon phone

With Chase, even a first Recon denial is not the absolute end of it. Let the initial negative results fade out and make another run through them.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied by Chase Freedom + denied after Recon

give it a few months on capital one; then re-apply with Chase Freedom

Message 3 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, so I am new to credit. I had a clean slate of credit, no good history, no bad history - until December 2013 in which I got an auto loan.

Since then, I have been paying it on time, no missed or late payments. I have Chase checking and Chase savings. I have never had a credit card. The only other credit history I have is a phone from T-Mobile, which is also 100% on time payments. I went to the bank in person and applied there - instantly denied by computer. Insufficient credit history. So I followed the advice of this forum, and called the recon number, and the man I spoke to was very polite and nice, but I was denied again. They want longer credit history, or more established credit.

So......instead, I went and accepted the mail offers I have been getting from Capital One. I applied online and got approved instantly today.

Do I lose any hope of Chase Freedom until 2015? I think recon, in my case, has no effect because of insufficient history? What do you guys think?

I remember reading somewhere that chase likes to see 6-12 months of credit history before they approve people with short credit history. I don't know how true that is . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 19
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

word.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok I will do this,  from my short time on this forum, I think this is called gardening

Message 6 of 19
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Chase Freedom at bank + recon phone

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

With Chase, even a first Recon denial is not the absolute end of it. Let the initial negative results fade out and make another run through them.

This is true.    Third recon was the charm in my case.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 7 of 19
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok I will do this,  from my short time on this forum, I think this is called gardening

It is indeed. Gardening sucks, but is well worth it!

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is indeed. Gardening sucks, but is well worth it!

Your excitement is infectious!  I'll re-apply around Decemer, before Christmas Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And when people use, (wait for it, it's soooo funny) "Crapital One" they forget things like this, they have given OP an entry into the CC world.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.