Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destroy metal cards??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Destroy metal cards??

@merlinflex wrote:

Got the replacement for my RitzCarlton card due to misspelled first name.

How do I destroy the metal card? It is the same number as the replacement!  Don't think my shredder will be able to handle.  Any ideas? TIA!

Does it have the same CC# and CVV? 

If you don't want to use it as a spare, call Chase for an envelope to send it back and they'll shred it for you. 

Message 11 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

Got the replacement for my RitzCarlton card due to misspelled first name.

How do I destroy the metal card? It is the same number as the replacement!  Don't think my shredder will be able to handle.  Any ideas? TIA!

Does it have the same CC# and CVV? 

If you don't want to use it as a spare, call Chase for an envelope to send it back and they'll shred it for you. 

+1 what i said above

Message 12 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Tape it up as a target at the shooting range! 

The bullet would richochette back at you. Smiley Surprised

Not if you use armor piercing rounds LOL! 

Personal:

Business:

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Ritz Carlton Rewards card is full metal, not sandwiched core like the sapphire cards. I wouldn't try the garden shears.

Instead, do it the easy way: drop by your local Chase branch and have them put it in their secure disposal bin.

Message 14 of 18
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Tape it up as a target at the shooting range! 

The bullet would richochette back at you. Smiley Surprised

Only if you were using a BB gun, a .22 out of a rifle could easily go right through one of these cards. If my friend still has a card I will test the theory. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 15 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Chase will send you an envelope that will easily house 2 metal cards and you might even get away with putting 4 in there. I know I've returned 3 this way.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Ritz Carlton Rewards card is full metal, not sandwiched core like the sapphire cards. I wouldn't try the garden shears.

Instead, do it the easy way: drop by your local Chase branch and have them put it in their secure disposal bin.

Ah good point! I completely forgot about that but all retail banks have special 'trash' bins where it's contents get sent out and destroyed in a careful mannar. 

Message 17 of 18
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

When I had to dispose of my CSP two times all I did was walk into my local Chase branch and they had a shredder there that could do it .
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.