Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards CLI request denied..(again)

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Dillards CLI request denied..(again)

This is just a bummer...cannot get any love from Dillards. Called the GE backdoor number to request a bump from 300. Had the card since August and the first time i requested an incrase in November (before Black Friday) got denied for not enough history with the card. Called right after new years and talked to underwriting and denied again. Letter came with a score of 709 on TU....was approved for the card with a score of 680 back in August. Just bummed out that they would deny a CLI request with that score...oh well.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Dillards CLI request denied..(again)

Have you tried going through regular customer service for an increase first and if not approved, ask to be transferred? Someone on another board said they do that and I have had success for every amount I ask when I do it that way. I get the same woman every time, though, so maybe that has something to do with it? I went from 2500 -5000 - 10000 with Amazon that way (one month between increases so four months not needed) and from 2400 - 10000 on Dillards.

Message 2 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Have you tried going through regular customer service for an increase first and if not approved, ask to be transferred? Someone on another board said they do that and I have had success for every amount I ask when I do it that way. I get the same woman every time, though, so maybe that has something to do with it? I went from 2500 -5000 - 10000 with Amazon that way (one month between increases so four months not needed) and from 2400 - 10000 on Dillards.

you mean call actuall Dillards customer service writing or GE credit sulotions?

Message 3 of 7
aplast
Regular Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

you mean call actuall Dillards customer service writing or GE credit sulotions?

the number on the back of your dillards credit card. a lot of GE cards have an automated system that you can request a CLI. I have done it a few times. I went from 300 bucks to 4000 on my paypal smart connect in a little over a year.

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call regular number on back of card, if front line CSR says declined, then ask to be transferred for "Manual Review" they will do INSTANT SP and talk to you... make them give you specifics that are not computer generated why they won't give the CLI.

Message 5 of 7
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the input everyone...will try that route and keep u guys posted on results...wish me luck!
Message 6 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

call regular number on back of card, if front line CSR says declined, then ask to be transferred for "Manual Review" they will do INSTANT SP and talk to you... make them give you specifics that are not computer generated why they won't give the CLI.

Yes this is what I meant. I really do not like ringing analysts directly, so usually will go through regular customer service first.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.