Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club CC US Departure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club CC US Departure

If they combine both cards into one and provide category bonuses that are similar to what the CSP has (e.g. travel and dining) then I would be really tempted to cancel the latter and keep the former.

Message 31 of 110
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Well to the question. i think it is dead as far as taking new apps. im sure that is what the op was asking. yes. keep in mind. i think the last time they took apps was about 5 years ago. so maybe the replinish the rolls after a lay off every few years. as far as if the card is working to others. of course it is working. i maxed mine out in january. and have had no problems what so ever. down to about 60 percent usage now. since it is hidden no affect what so ever on my score . love it. all we can say. is watch it like a hawk. and when it comes back. app immediately. Smiley Very Happy

No, they were taking apps until around November of 2014.  Prior to that was the feeding frenzy of activity from a variety of forums/message boards, when the cards were open and accepting applications.  Although denizens of boards make up a small fraction of the general credit public, I think what happened is that word got out, beyond forums/boards, and they were overwhelmed with the response.  My guess is that they thought that perhaps Diners Club would be a bit more of a "boutique" type card, not necessarily appealing to the general public.  They were wrong...and unprepared.

Message 32 of 110
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anyone that has a card currently go for a CLI yet? What is that process, is it possible?

I haven't seen here or elsewhere anyone getting CLIs.  I can't swear to it but If I remember correctly someone asked for a CLI and they shut his card down after review.

I remember that but if im not mistaken he had 2 cards and they closed 1 of the 2?

That was correct. Well I only got 5k. I called and they said must have card 6 months before requesting cli. I got it nov 5th. So apr 5th can ask. But. I'm at 60 percent so I wI'll pass. Because it's hidden. I'm just milking it. Paid old tax bill. 

Message 33 of 110
taxi818
Super Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Well to the question. i think it is dead as far as taking new apps. im sure that is what the op was asking. yes. keep in mind. i think the last time they took apps was about 5 years ago. so maybe the replinish the rolls after a lay off every few years. as far as if the card is working to others. of course it is working. i maxed mine out in january. and have had no problems what so ever. down to about 60 percent usage now. since it is hidden no affect what so ever on my score . love it. all we can say. is watch it like a hawk. and when it comes back. app immediately. Smiley Very Happy

No, they were taking apps until around November of 2014.  Prior to that was the feeding frenzy of activity from a variety of forums/message boards, when the cards were open and accepting applications.  Although denizens of boards make up a small fraction of the general credit public, I think what happened is that word got out, beyond forums/boards, and they were overwhelmed with the response.  My guess is that they thought that perhaps Diners Club would be a bit more of a "boutique" type card,not necessarily appealing to the general public.  They were wrong...and unprepared.

Maybe you misunderstood. They took apps from September 27 to November 2014. Yes. Correct. But i was talking previously. And I was wrong. Last was really in 2004' so 10 years before they came back.  Not 5. Yes I apped in november ang got lucky. So the point I was making was. With 10 year hiatus   Who knows when app will return. Unless you are in upper management at bmo. Certainly not the csr's 

Message 34 of 110
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah. Apparently I did everything BUT shoot the deputy.

Sorry Eric Clapton mistook you as the Sheriff Smiley Sad

Message 35 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anyone that has a card currently go for a CLI yet? What is that process, is it possible?

I asked for a CLI after I received my World card from them.  I took a HP and it was denied.  The next day I applied for the Elite card and was approved with a matching line of the World.  They will process CLI's but it does require a HP.  I called last month and spoke with underwriting and they like to see 6 months of history before requesting a CLI.  I previously posted a direct number to underwriting a couple of months ago somewhere on the Boards.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 36 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

I spoke to a Diners rep. and according to her they will be relaunching the consumer card by the end of summer.

Also, when I spoke with Underwriting, they said that this initial phase was a "test run" to work out the application process.  I was afraid at that point having two cards so I asked if they were going to close existing accounts.  They said not unless there were issues with customer accounts.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 37 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they combine both cards into one and provide category bonuses that are similar to what the CSP has (e.g. travel and dining) then I would be really tempted to cancel the latter and keep the former.

I tried to combine my two cards and this had to go to a senion underwriting supervisor who ultimately came back and said they couldn't do it and said I could close one account and apply for a CLI on the other.  I said no thanks. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 38 of 110
taxi818
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I spoke to a Diners rep. and according to her they will be relaunching the consumer card by the end of summer.

Also, when I spoke with Underwriting, they said that this initial phase was a "test run" to work out the application process.  I was afraid at that point having two cards so I asked if they were going to close existing accounts.  They said not unless there were issues with customer accounts.

please take everything you got from a diners rep with a grain of salt. im sure if you hang up and call right back. they will swear it is dark outside. even though you clearly see the sun. so its a mute point to inform people of what a Diners rep says.

Message 39 of 110
12njoy
Super Contributor

I think the point here is information.  It's up to the reader to ascertain the value and/or lack thereof.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 40 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.