Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club Premier vs. Elite?

@JTC403 wrote:

So what is the difference?

Besides 300 AF from 95?

Off top of my head you get bonus categories with the elite gas groceries and drugstores, with no cap that i know of. I assume you could MS with that card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JTC403 wrote:

So what is the difference?

Besides 300 AF from 95?

The color.

A couple of benefits..

Message 3 of 17
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I hear if you are approved for one

Say 25K for premier... i coudl apply again for elite?

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can read about it here

Message 5 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@JTC403 wrote:

You heard and read right. The 2nd app is for all purposes after the first approval a bonified shoe in, no questions asked. So be ready for that without worry or undo concern should you decide for that one too.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

You heard and read right. The 2nd app is for all purposes after the first approval a bonified shoe in, no questions asked. So be ready for that without worry or undo concern should you decide for that one too.

That sure is interesting to hear.

Message 7 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Still don't understand why people want to do this!   You end up paying the Premier AF just for the CL, as it offers no extra benefits over the uncapped  Elite.   That might be worth it for some, but you can get decent CLs on free cards!

Message 8 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Still don't understand why people want to do this!   You end up paying the Premier AF just for the CL, as it offers no extra benefits over the uncapped  Elite.   That might be worth it for some, but you can get decent CLs on free cards!

Of course that's true enough longtimelurker but it still remains a hot card with very attractive starting limits when you compare to the wait period for some of your other lenders who no doubt might take take years to reach the point that Diner's is affording fresh out of the gate PERIOD. To nit pik over rewards is one aspect that already established cardholders have the luxury to scrutinize, but there are also many other positive factors for most others not yet in that comfortable minority, not the least of which can immediately be realized for them that will support going forward their own particular credit goals Smiley Wink 

Message 9 of 17
recruiter89
Established Member

I was approved last week for Elite and it costs $300 and they gave me a whopping $40K CL!! The highest I have on any card. So far happy with the card, looks pretty ordinary, black in color, does not say World Elite on front, but on back. They just added payment option to pay through their website but their iphone app is horrible and needs a serious update.

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.