Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Balance Transfer Checks

tag
Girac
Regular Contributor

Discover Balance Transfer Checks

I get these in the mail from time to time. I let the last bunch they sent me expire. Is it possible to request a new set of BT checks? I cannot do this BT online through and need the checks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Balance Transfer Checks

Well, the ones that you do have, while they are expired, are still usable.  If for some reason calling in you are unable to get the checks manually resent, you could use the old ones, but you would then have to wait for the charges to post, move the balance to another card with no BT fee, then BT it back to discover.

I'd imagine with the quality of their customer service they would be able to take care of you by phone.

I looked at the cash access option, but that was only for a limited amount and had cash advance APR. Whereas bank of america lets you get the money for the same terms and fees as a check/BT, only difference is post promo the APR is 2% higher.

Message 2 of 7
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

I get them in the mail regularly...like every 6-8 weeks, so imagine if you called or chatted with them they would gladly send you some out.  I would caution using the expired ones you have though, as they clearly state that while they will be accepted after the exp date, it will be for your current APR NOT 0%. Smiley Wink

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 3 of 7
Girac
Regular Contributor

I called Discover and they are more than happy to send new checks out. My 0% BT offers are good until March.

Message 4 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Girac wrote:

I called Discover and they are more than happy to send new checks out. My 0% BT offers are good until March.

Good to hear they took care of you. 

Question for you guys with Discover: Isn't a transfer into your checking account essentially the same as using the BT checks? Are there different fees or APR's for transfering to checking vs. using the BT checks? 

Asking, because I frequently see posters in here say they prefer to transfer to checking over the BT checks. 

Message 5 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Checks are ok but, you can initiate the BT online and set the destination as your pay from account as a DD.

Then just pay whomever as you usually do.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover foes not always offer the option to BT directly to checking account to everyone at all times. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.