Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Balance Transfer Offer Always Expiring in 1 Day

tag
isik
Regular Contributor

Discover Balance Transfer Offer Always Expiring in 1 Day

I checked my Discover BT offers many times in the past 30 days or so, and every time I check my offers there is an 0% APR BT offer available. The weird thing is it also expires the same day every time, so they seem to offer me a new 1-day-to-accept BT promo offer every day. If I accept, in the next screen it tells me that the BT needs to POST today for it to get the promo APR. This is either buggy software or a horrible trap, I'm curious if anyone else encountered this before.

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Balance Transfer Offer Always Expiring in 1 Day

Typically these Discover offers go out a few weeks, though they do expire and renew (usually).

Do you have two offers, one with a fee for a 0% APR term and another with no fee, but with a rate of 5.99% or similar?

For the offer that is expiring today, maybe try a small BT ( $100 or $200 ) early in the day on Monday, to allow time for it to post on Discover the same day.

It really is odd, especially if it keeps cycling up 1 day.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 6
isik
Regular Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Typically these Discover offers go out a few weeks, though they do expire and renew (usually).

Do you have two offers, one with a fee for a 0% APR term and another with no fee, but with a rate of 5.99% or similar?

For the offer that is expiring today, maybe try a small BT ( $100 or $200 ) early in the day on Monday, to allow time for it to post on Discover the same day.

It really is odd, especially if it keeps cycling up 1 day.

I only have 1 offer, 0% APR 12 mo, and always expiring the same day. The exact same 12 mo 0% APR offer is always available the next day, also expiring the same day. In the past I had offers like you described, usually with 2 options and lasting a few weeks. Those offers allowed BT to checking accounts too but these new ones don't.

If I decide to do the BT I'll contact them and ask. I don't want to pay interest, 5% BT fee is already high enough.

Personal:

Business:

FICO 8:
Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@isik wrote:

I checked my Discover BT offers many times in the past 30 days or so, and every time I check my offers there is an 0% APR BT offer available. The weird thing is it also expires the same day every time, so they seem to offer me a new 1-day-to-accept BT promo offer every day. If I accept, in the next screen it tells me that the BT needs to POST today for it to get the promo APR. This is either buggy software or a horrible trap, I'm curious if anyone else encountered this before.

No I've never experienced it. Usually my Discover balance transfer offers are open for a few months.

Total revolving limits 586200 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 707 TU 711 EX 718

Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would call and ask them about it. Sounds like a glitch.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
Sage512

I noticed this today as I was exploring some BT offers on my cards. I noticed that it expired the same day as well. Only see this on the Discover website and not the mobile app. (The mobile app doesn't even show BT offers for me that I see on the website.)

CSP - 10.9K | CFU - 4.8K | CFF - 14.5K | CIU - 4K
AMEX GOLD - NSPL | DELTA BLUE - 36K
NFCU More Rewards - 20K
Discover IT - 11.5K
Cap1 QS -2.5K (bucketed)
Citi DC - 3K | Citi CC -1.1K (They don't like me)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.