Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLD?!?!

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Discover CLD?!?!

So I'm not real impressed with this (since I just made a post about getting 5K limits this is a step in the wrong direction)  I logged into my Discover account and just noticed I now have a CL of $800 down $200 from $1000.  I'm not real sure what to make of this since its never happened before, even when I didn't pay my CC bills, maxed them out and left them for months.  Sick of this one step forward 3 steps back stuff. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLD?!?!

Sorry to hear about this...Give them a call and see what's going on.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Again thanks yude, always good to hear from ya!  I just got on a chat with Discover to sort this out, no idea how this is even possible.

Message 3 of 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Do ou have a balance on the card?  How old is it?

They tried to CLD me and I gave them a call.  They asked me questions about my financials and CRs which I answered honestly.  They ended up keeping the limit. 

Hopefully your chat session is going well.  If not, maybe try calling them.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I have about 600 out of my 1000 limit I pay in full each month though.  She said it looks like its my lates and recent over limits....

Message 5 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I have about 600 out of my 1000 limit I pay in full each month though.  She said it looks like its my lates and recent over limits....

Ooo..is your lates w/ Discover or in the past?  Although you go over limit, but you PIF so it shouldn't be a problem IMO.  I hope you get it sorted out and keep your CL!  Pulling for ya buddy, keep us updated on the final results.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thank goodness for Discover CS.  I forgot to mention the problem with those reasons...I've never been late, and never been over my limit, about 60% is usually the highest but PIF before each statement.  Shes not sure how this got posted to my account but she looked at my purchase and payment history and saw that I run about $1200-$1500 through my card (never at once) per month and pay multiple times per month resulting in PIF.  I told her this would be another reason for a CLI (hint hint) she said April 4th is my 3 month statement cut, and shes very sorry for the inconvience (with the CLD) and to feel free to do a CLI request in April, in the mean time I've been put back to $1000.  

Excellent CS at Discover.  Not sure how this got posted to my account, seems to always happen to me but they were quick to sort it out for me!  RELIEF!

Message 7 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Thank goodness for Discover CS.  I forgot to mention the problem with those reasons...I've never been late, and never been over my limit, about 60% is usually the highest but PIF before each statement.  Shes not sure how this got posted to my account but she looked at my purchase and payment history and saw that I run about $1200-$1500 through my card (never at once) per month and pay multiple times per month resulting in PIF.  I told her this would be another reason for a CLI (hint hint) she said April 4th is my 3 month statement cut, and shes very sorry for the inconvience (with the CLD) and to feel free to do a CLI request in April, in the mean time I've been put back to $1000.  

Excellent CS at Discover.  Not sure how this got posted to my account, seems to always happen to me but they were quick to sort it out for me!  RELIEF!

WTG, glad it got sorted out okay....you should call back/ chat back with them and ask for $25 Starbucks / Coffee Bean card for the inconvenience.  They'll do it! 

Message 8 of 15
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

yude not only with the friendly advice but now feeding my coffee addiction with potentially free Starbucks!  I will be giving this a try Smiley Happy   Thanks again buddy!

Message 9 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

yude not only with the friendly advice but now feeding my coffee addiction with potentially free Starbucks!  I will be giving this a try Smiley Happy   Thanks again buddy!

I've tried before, but pleasantly denied...but you have reasons to get that free Starbucks!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Starbucks-Gift-Card/m-p/2862457/highlight/true...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.