Did you mean: 

Discover Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If a credit card makes you do that, then you shouldn't even have a credit card. 

Tell that to consumer America.

I think what you said should probably be directed to those people that post on facebook that credit cards are a scam, and that debit cards or cash are better than a credit card. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think what you said should probably be directed to those people that post on facebook that credit cards are a scam, and that debit cards or cash are better than a credit card. 

Those are the same people who try to convince people they get a 20% discount on an item sometimes because they use cash..  You know, because that makes total sense. Give the consumer a 20% discount on tires because they want to save themselves a 3% credit card fee. Smiley Happy

I had an argument with someone like that on another board once and I wanted to rip my hair out at how stupid they looked. 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Those are the same people who try to convince people they get a 20% discount on an item sometimes because they use cash..  You know, because that makes total sense. Give the consumer a 20% discount on tires because they want to save themselves a 3% credit card fee. Smiley Happy

I had an argument with someone like that on another board once and I wanted to rip my hair out at how stupid they looked. 

HAHAHA that's me too! Sigh...

Message 13 of 21
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Keeping on the subject, I do like Discover the 5% categories. Good card to have, depending on your use. Even more, this card can grow.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 21
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I just received my Discover Card in the mail (that took me temporarily out of the gardenSmiley Tongue), and I noticed it is orange where the "it" appears on the right side, and the "o" in Discover is silver instead of orange. Does this denote that it is the 5% cash back card, or is this the design for all of their cards? Usually I see the solid color where the "it" appears in images. I just have to know because I am a nerd like that (so much so that I had to seek out and post the correct card pic in my siggy). My terms do say that it is the 5% cash back card with a 0% APR for 12 months! Yay! I had no idea I could get that, even though my SL is only $1000 and I won't be making any balance transfers or carrying a balance. Still seems like a nice surprise...

The card design is interchangeable between the Chrome and IT. If you ever want to switch it's very simple and requires only a phone call.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
Keeping on the subject, I do like Discover the 5% categories. Good card to have, depending on your use. Even more, this card can grow.

Thank you, RM21, I appreciate that. I won't try to switch to a different product. As I said, it is for rebuilding and not for the rewards, but if I do get something back that would be great. And I like that it will grow.Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I just received my Discover Card in the mail (that took me temporarily out of the gardenSmiley Tongue), and I noticed it is orange where the "it" appears on the right side, and the "o" in Discover is silver instead of orange. Does this denote that it is the 5% cash back card, or is this the design for all of their cards? Usually I see the solid color where the "it" appears in images. I just have to know because I am a nerd like that (so much so that I had to seek out and post the correct card pic in my siggy). My terms do say that it is the 5% cash back card with a 0% APR for 12 months! Yay! I had no idea I could get that, even though my SL is only $1000 and I won't be making any balance transfers or carrying a balance. Still seems like a nice surprise...

The card design is interchangeable between the Chrome and IT. If you ever want to switch it's very simple and requires only a phone call.

Thank you, Credit_hawk, I didn't know they were interchangeable. When I selected my design it was the all maroon one. When I got the one with orange, I thought it was a different card than I apped for. I appreciate the clarification.Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't concern myself over them; even if they had the urge to over spend, they can't do so to the point where they're in the negative. 

Message 18 of 21
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure, in a normal retail-chain store that's nonsense.

But... as much as I hate to say it - there's a grain of truth in their claims.

I've dealt quite a bit with some contractors who make it very clear that there's one price for credit/check (with a taxable paper trail), and another for cash. Sometimes 10%-25% less.  They've also made it clear that the cash would go directly into pockets - "do not pass GO", "do not collect sales/income/payroll taxes".

I, personally, don't play that kind of game.  But for those who are ok with it...

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover It has the same design and color combination. I was able to choose which color I wanted. It has 5% rotating categories and 1 percent of everything else. I believe this quarter is Amazon and home improvement. I also believe that they have "It" cards for students and for miles, but ours has the regular rewards/cash back program--regardless of its color. They should be doubling your rewards for the first year. If they're still offer it, the bonus will arrive after your 1st card anniversary.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.