Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Credit line combo success - $31k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Credit line combo success - $31k

Hey friends! Just wanted to stop by and share my success with combining my two Discover accounts. I have one that was opened in 2001 and one that was opened in 2017. I wanted to roll the new one into the older one and was able to do it by calling in. They said they had to check if my account had a credit limit increase available on it which it did, for a whopping $500 bucks LOL. After I accepted the little increase they transferred me to "New Accounts" and I explained what I wanted to do. They put me on hold for a few mins, then came back and confirmed that I wanted to close the card that I asked to close. Then they said okay account is irrevocable closed and your new credit line on your remaining account is $31,000. Discover is now my largest credit line. Not bad for someone who once ONLY had a Discover card with a $1500 limit that wouldn't budge for 10 years LOL. :-) 

6 REPLIES 6
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Credit line combo success - $31k

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nicely PLAYED!!!
AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NOICESmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Awesome combination as well as length of time with Discover. Nicely done!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI and CL success !!!!!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.png

Message 6 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.