cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover FICO Score - When does it update?

tag
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover FICO Score - When does it update?

Disco is a strange breed indeed. I received an email telling me my Jan score had been updated so I went to the mobile app, no dice. Tried online since I thought that may be a little more current, no luck there either.

Message 11 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It will update shortly. Mine updates ~3 days after statement cuts.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

Disco is a strange breed indeed. I received an email telling me my Jan score had been updated so I went to the mobile app, no dice. Tried online since I thought that may be a little more current, no luck there either.

I received the same email. I checked twice incase I was missing something. 

I usually don't watch my score there to closely so I don't see when it posts.  Last month's statement was avaialble yesterday so maybe the new score will be up tomorrow. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 18
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Mine on Discover updates about every 2 months. I've gotten CLI's without it updating though so I think may use us something else besides just the scorecard number

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always confuse those emails saying that there's a score update... I never know if it's for my Discover account or Discover's creditscorecard (free service to all).

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

The plan has been to let my new score update (746 - 792) incase that helps with a better increase. 

Your best bet here would be to request both before and after.  I personally don't think it would matter either way, but arguments could be made for both.  Some may side with your possible perception that a greater score could mean a greater increase, but the opposing argument is that a 792 score is less of the "target customer" profile that Discover "likes" best, where 746 is closer to their supposed ~680-720 bread and butter; For this reason one could argue that you'd get less of an increase with the greater score.  Again, I don't think it matters, but to be "safe" I'd just do the request before the update and then again after it if you get nothing from the first try.

I say it doesn't matter IMO because I've seen the same CLIs from a score of 730 when I was approved to 850 where I'm at now.  There's been no change at all in my frequency or amounts of CLIs over that span of time. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull my credit on the 4th

They update my score on the 9-11th, my due date is the 5th and my statement date is the 10th. Maybe a coincidence? just my luck. 

Message 17 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I found that my Discover score updated this morning. That's 3 days after the statement closed.  Score date is 1/12/19.  So it was time to roll the CLI increase dice. And what did I get?  Snake eyes!!! 

At this time, we cannot increase your credit line. However, you can make another request at a future time. You will receive a letter in 3-5 business days that will detail the reasons for this decision.

$300.00... yes... I'm $300.00 away from $10,000. It's like I climbed a mountain for a year (the card is a year old tomorrow), almost to the summit, it's within my grasp, I jump to reach for it then... fall short. I collapse in exhaustion. 

And now I try to determine why.  DCU approved me for a $28K auto loan and $5K credit card last week. Maybe that's it. I made a few purchases recently so my Discover balance is $2600/$9700 (26%).  Could one of them be the reason?  Who knows. Total utilization is at 11%.  That's okay. It looks like others have been declined for increases for no reason. I'll try again in the future. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.