Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT ( APR Reduction )

tag
arkane
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT ( APR Reduction )

@LandoCredrissian wrote:

Throw a PIF dog a bone and monitor what happens (from Discover's 's POV 😛)! Interested to see the genesis of the reduction. I am like you OP. PIF only. Hmmm. Can you share when you opened the account and starting limit? And current SL? 

Honestly an APR reduction does absolutely bumfico all for a transactor. They'd do much better with giving out CLIs or at least not insult someone with a perfect history with a useless toy limit. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great, OP—I am sure you deserve it! Smiley Wink

But to be honest, because you always PIF, I don't really see the reduction being useful.

A CLI would have been awesome. Nevertheless, Discover reducing your APR without permission may mean you are on their good side. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Arkane, toy limits are not useless......

You get to play with itSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 22
arkane
Established Contributor

LOL Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

One day when you become a famous stand up making millions per appearance, make sure you take a moment to drop in here from time to time. Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 14 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

The problem with toy limit credit cards is they tend to play with the socks in the sockdrawer..... or find themselves with a subscription and nothing else on them....

-J

Message 15 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Has anyone ever considered using a different drawer for cards in timeout?Smiley Wink I mean, if you really want to punish your card would it not be more cruel to UWD them ? Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 22
arkane
Established Contributor

How about the dirty gym socks drawer? Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 17 of 22
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@joltdude wrote:
Have to go look up my open date but my current cl is 21300 as in my signature.. hover over the cards to see their cls....

Duuuuude, I have to get that sweet cassette design for my own Discover IT. I didn't know that they did alternate designs.

Message 18 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

AJC was the one who convinced me into getting the mixtape design Discover .... I miss the days of the Disco Express...(Discover was very generous for a period of time)... 

Approval CL was $2500

Score according to Disco was 741

Still cant find the APR.. the statement only shows the 0% offer in effect on the first bill... (May/Jun 2016)

As to card designs, you can have more than one active discover card at a time.. and you also can also block physical cards on a per card basis... 

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/card-design.html

-J

Message 19 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Actually I think the ultimate punishment for the cards would be the.. undergarment drawer..... =)

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.