Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured PC to 5% rotating categories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Secured PC to 5% rotating categories

Just wanted to share an interesting DP. I got the Discover It Secured card as my first credit card in July. If you aren't aware, the Secured variant of the card offers 2% cashback on gas and dining, and 1% back on everything else. It does not offer the 5% rotating categories that Discover It is famous for.

I've heard before that you can call and PC to the Discover It card even though it will still be secured, but when I tried that shortly after I got mine, I was denied hardcore. The rep said that's "not even possible" and I'll have to wait until I graduate.

Last week my FICO score generated after 6 months, and I applied for an Amex BCE and got approved with a $5,000 limit. I figured, "I'm at the spot finally where the bank needs me more than I need the bank."

So I called Discover up and asked nicely, and they did a product change without any hesitation. I can now enjoy the 5% rotating categories with my secured card. I expect it should graduate as soon as the 8th statement cuts.

I wanted to share for anyone out there who may have wondered if this was possible.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured PC to 5% rotating categories

Double congratulations !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations x 2!

Message 3 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats on both. The first rep was obviously wrong. You can PC the card after the first statement cuts.

Message 4 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Amex BCE approval. I cannot see why they won't let you PC the Disco card.

If you ever feel like you are not getting the results you want? ..  "HUCA"

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha. I’m not brave enough to “HUCA” due to the fear that the same person might answer again 🤣
Message 6 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hahaha. I’m not brave enough to “HUCA” due to the fear that the same person might answer again 🤣

In my 35+ years of calling, Never had that happen. But hey, you might be a lottery winner Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval for BCE and PC on Discover! 👍
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on getting the 2 approvals

Message 9 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.