Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More - Approved

tag
Sean28
Valued Member

Discover More - Approved

I was approved for a Discover More card with a cl of $4000.00. I'm escatic because I saw that they pulled TU which is my worst report by far and has the most inquiries (11) by far.  It also has my only negative which is a 4+ year old public record. They must of softed EX or EQ. I can't be more happier. I'm gonna use this card to rack up the rewards and hopefully buy some plane tix in a few years when I go to Disney World.

Fico Scores

EX - 738 (PSECU)

EQ - 757

TU - 689

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More - Approved

Congrats on the approval. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 9
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Hi Sean28,

What was your public record? If it was a BK was Discover included?

Message 3 of 9
Sean28
Valued Member

Hello,

No, it was a judgement from a charged off Providian CC years ago, still unpaid

Message 4 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP. That is a decent starting limit from Discover these days.

Message 5 of 9
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on the high CL!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 9
Client9
Regular Contributor

I got the pre approval as well.  even though I swore I wouldn't app, I did and got a $5000 Discover.  I have some  inquiries hit the one year mark on June 11, so it was worth the risk

EQ 781

TU 717

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too got pre-approval offer.

I applied for this card last year and got denied. Perhaps my info is still in their database because nobody else ever applied Discover cards and none of my family receive such letter from Discover.

Unfortunately I was denied again. Though discover keeps sending me pre-approval offers.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sean28 wrote:

I was approved for a Discover More card with a cl of $4000.00. 

I'm gonna use this card to rack up the rewards and hopefully buy some plane tix in a few years when I go to Disney World.

Client9 wrote:

I got the pre approval as well.  even though I swore I wouldn't app, I did and got a $5000 Discover.   

Congratulation both of you!!

Don't forget to sign-up for 5% Bonus Cash Back and Special Promo 5% Bonus Cash Back even you may not shop on those categories/stores ... you never know when you do.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.