Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Offering ID Theft Protection for $15.00

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Offering ID Theft Protection for $15.00

Logged into my Discover account just now and noticed this new feature available to Discover Card members. But for $15? I think they need to make more bucks to hand out more CL increases to those of us who have not received any luv. Just kidding! I just thought it was interesting that they wanted to charge for such a feature when it should really be part of your existing membership FOC. Anyways, just thought I'd share. Happy Wednesday to all!

Really?!Really?!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Offering ID Theft Protection for $15.00

Welp, they need to make money to increase profits.

But yeah, kinda rediculous if u want my opinion.

Must be a new plan or outlook by some VP or something lol

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover, the new CreditOneSmiley Wink. Hey let's charge for cli tooSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Don't see this lasting to long imo...  Much rather use a place like lifelock, etc. if I was to get it at all or just blame equifax for sharing all our information with everyone and try to get them to foot the billSmiley Happy.  

Just keep your reports locked unless you need new credit and monitor your accounts and you should be golden without that fee.. Just my 2 cents

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I don't think this will last either. But It was just weird and somehow screams desperate for more revenue. It just made me think why in the world would they charge extra for that? Lol! I still love em though

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Love is a strong word ClarkSmiley Wink. Now Lust, well it's ok to lust after your mistressSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I say I love you AJC. You're my Yoda! LOL, just kidding! Well, despite the lack of growth thereof on my Discover card for nearly 9 mos. now, I still like Discover, as it really is a great card, I love using it specially during the holidays because of Amazon, although I am debating if I should try Amazon Prime Visa in December, as far as this feature they offer,  I really think that the ID theft monitoring, should be inclusive to one's membership since we are using the cards and they already SP our reports every billing cycle.

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Never seen this on my page. Cant even find it with all the links.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.