Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation?

OMG. I think i would just throw in the towel. I dont know how you didn't wow. My 7th statement cuts tomorrow and ill probably have a stroke if i dont get the congrats email by Friday LOL
Message 11 of 610
CivalV
Established Contributor

Lmfao same 

Message 12 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine March 17 at the scores listed below in my started column.  Around the 7-8 month mark, i was calling in about something completely different and i was told i had to be xfer-ed as my card was no longer secured.  I beleive at the time my score was around 630-ish and i still had several baddies (paid) including a CO that was only a few months of being paid off.   I never got an email about it and my congrats letter and refund came the same day.  SL was 200, no CLI at graduation.  4 months later i got 200 more, and then a year after that i got 200 more.  I honestly didnt use the card that much, so they had no reason to increase it alot.  My second card however is awesome. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 610
Civil
Regular Contributor

What’s your TU score like...everyone is killing me 😂😂😂😂

Message 14 of 610
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

LOL My TU score is 624 according to TU. I think it may be high 500s on EQ and EX. I've got several good trade lines reporting and I have had a Discover with a $6,200 several years ago that was always paid on time and eventually paid off. My main worries is my semi-recent baddies (was over $200k in debt with no way out).

Message 15 of 610
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditRebuilder2020 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Just wrapped up month 14 and no graduation.

Yeah I don't get what the heck their formula is....it makes no sense. I have a friend of mine who had a 575 TU FICO, only had the card for 8 months and then it graduated. Doesn't seem very scientific whatever they're doing. Cap One has some very nice steps, very plainly spelled out and explained to you. I'm waiting on my 1st CLI on my QS1 after my next statement from $300 initial CL to $500 with my first CLI. 

Discover IT seems like they're picking cards at random to graduate. 

Yeah, not sure. Apparently, raising my score about 120 points and removing half my derogatories isn't a sign of responsible credit behavior. They did tell me I went over my limit for 1 day by $4 and change when the interest hit. Guy made it sound like I shouldn't be surprised I haven't graduated.

Message 16 of 610
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Civil wrote:
14 months? Did you call them...I opened my secure card in February with all scores mid 500s and they graduated mine last month 3 day after my 7th statement $1500 line and sent me my $400 deposit back and TU was at 638

I really don't care anymore. I've just used it less and less. It barely sees swipes anymore and I've stopped cycling the limit. I've given that spend to my PayPal and Cash Rewards.

Message 17 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get a CLI at graduation so I am stuck at $200. I can't imagine it's going to increase much, but I'll probably rarely use the card. What other options do I have in terms of cards with Discover? Is it worth it to app for Discover IT or should I just forget about Discover?

Message 18 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get a CLI at graduation so I am stuck at $200. I can't imagine it's going to increase much, but I'll probably rarely use the card. What other options do I have in terms of cards with Discover? Is it worth it to app for Discover IT or should I just forget about Discover?

You can PC your card to an IT at anytime.   If you use it and pay it off A LOT, they will eventually raise the limit.  after 1 year a second card could become an option.  A card that doesnt start as secured does seem to do alot better. 

Message 19 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yayyyyy!!!! Card unsecured thursday night. Woke up at 2 am and checked the cli link. Yes, obsessed i know. Instead of getting the "we're sorry this isn't available for you" message I actually went to the reqest form. I put in for cLi but was denied. I also noticed the section of "how to transition to an unsecured card" was no longer there. This morning I got the official congrats email. My 7th statement cut Tuesday. Im ecstatic
Message 20 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.