Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover graduation !?

tag
newnew2015
New Contributor

Discover graduation !?

I want to thank everyone on this forum for your posts ! They really have helped me. I'm a spoonie trying to rebuild credit (again) after medical collections and being off work due to illness have caught up with me again(ugh). I got the Discover secured from your recommendations ! I've had it since feb. Started with 1500 on it and used it for my monthly charges and paid it off every month. Today (3 days after my 7th statement cut) I logged in to see my limit increased to 2000. Now I'm just waiting for the congrats email !  I'm so excited ! My credit profile had a new collections I had to dispute pop up in my 6th month and I was afraid I wouldn't graduate. I'm so thankful for the graduation. And the small cli ! Any tips on raising it in the future?

again thanks everyone !!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover graduation !?

Ucf Knights Cap Sticker by UCF for iOS & Android | GIPHYCongratulations on your Disco Graduation!

Continue doing what you're doing and hopefully Ms Disco will let you aboard the Disco Train. Choo Choo!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and graduation 🎓!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I got mine in February and my 7th statement cut today. My FICO is at 721 and my utilization 1% so I have no reason to believe I won't graduate. 

Message 4 of 8
sfraise
Established Member

Congrats!

Glad to see they're still graduating people in 7/8 months.

I'm on month 9, PIF every month on all but 1 card every month and my scores have gone up to the mid to high 600's since BK discharge last November.  Still no graduation for me lol.

If I had to guess I'd say that I probably got too many new cards for their liking since getting the Discover card, 2 just back in July so "guessing" they're seeing something along the lines of seeking credit.

In garden mode for the next year or two if not more so I'm sure it will come around eventually.  Don't really want or need to take out any loans or more credit and really just got what I have for the sake of raising my score back up just kind of out of principal for having to file BK last year lol.

Message 5 of 8
newnew2015
New Contributor

Thank you and Wow ! That's great credit work ! Congrats I'm sure your card graduated as well Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 8
newnew2015
New Contributor

Thank you ! I hope you graduate soon ! It seems some people just get lost to their radar from the posts I've seen on here! I'll see you in the garden Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the graduation and CLI!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.