Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it durability

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it durability

Hello Everyone,

I just got the Discover it card in part thanks to this forum. And its a good looking card. Expect I didn't think about the fact that numbers aren't impressed into tthe card and all the card info is printed on the back of the card. I'm just curious for anyone who has had this card for a while have you had problems iwth the numbers or info being rubed or stracthed off? If so how often have you have to re order your card.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Discover it durability

Someone who just got there card today was busy ordering extras.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I actually called today to order the chip version of the card. I think I might keep both cards for a while just in case. I tend to be a bit hard on my cards. 

Message 3 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I just got the Discover it card in part thanks to this forum. And its a good looking card. Expect I didn't think about the fact that numbers aren't impressed into tthe card and all the card info is printed on the back of the card. I'm just curious for anyone who has had this card for a while have you had problems iwth the numbers or info being rubed or stracthed off? If so how often have you have to re order your card.

Thanks

Well...for me the durability is not too good. I got a replacement card about 2 months ago, and the top layers of the card are already peeling off at the edges. Granted some cashiers swipe cards like they hate them...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My discover gets quite a bit of use for restaurants. 14x so far this statement cycle. I haven't noticed any problems with the card. Discover allows you to have multiple cards with the same number active. That could be a way?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Well...for me the durability is not too good. I got a replacement card about 2 months ago, and the top layers of the card are already peeling off at the edges. Granted some cashiers swipe cards like hate them...lol.

I admit I tend to also be a hard swiper. Mostly because most places seem to have readers that need to be replaced or simply don't register. 

Message 6 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I actually called today to order the chip version of the card. I think I might keep both cards for a while just in case. I tend to be a bit hard on my cards. 

Once you activate the chip card the none chip will not be any good after a week! That's the way mine worked (the none chip card will not even show up on your home page)

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I think with the promotion going on, anyone who doesn't attempt to wear those numbers off to the point of unreadability for the tune of $1500/quarter worth of expenses, is doing something wrong Smiley Happy.

That may be me in early July needing an additional card!

        
Message 8 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I think with the promotion going on, anyone who doesn't attempt to wear those numbers off to the point of unreadability for the tune of $1500/quarter worth of expenses, is doing something wrong Smiley Happy.

That may be me in early July needing an additional card!

I just added  a new card Friday Smiley Happy should be here this coming week!!! Now I have 2 cards 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 9 of 12
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I've recently requested a replacement IT card with a chip (mix tape version) and I have to say, the card I received was kind of flimsy and lower quality in comparison to my IT card without a chip.  I thought it may have just been a dud so I requested another replacement and that card was also thin and somewhat bent (surely from the mail, but a thicker card stock might have been less malleable).  I've since gone back to using my non-chip card.  I would have thought the chip cards would be thicker and more substantial, but that hasn't been the case with mine, which makes me question their overall durability.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.