Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CLI requests cause hard inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do CLI requests cause hard inquiry?

I've noticed in some of my credit reports it will list things that positively and negatively impact my score.  One item that frequently shows up is credit limits aren't as high as others with my profile.  I am mostly recovered from some bad times about 10 years ago.  EX is 842.  TU is 760.  EQ is 754.  

TU and EQ are holding on to a paid state tax lien from 2011.  That's the only baddie left on the 3 reports.  I'd like to keep working the scores and CL's up.  I keep most balances at 0 after doing some good reading on this forum.  I use Cap 1 QS the most followed by Chase Freedom and Slate.  Also use Lowes and Home Depot.  

Thanks for all the great information here.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do CLI requests cause hard inquiry?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've noticed in some of my credit reports it will list things that positively and negatively impact my score.  One item that frequently shows up is credit limits aren't as high as others with my profile.  I am mostly recovered from some bad times about 10 years ago.  EX is 842.  TU is 760.  EQ is 754.  

TU and EQ are holding on to a paid state tax lien from 2011.  That's the only baddie left on the 3 reports.  I'd like to keep working the scores and CL's up.  I keep most balances at 0 after doing some good reading on this forum.  I use Cap 1 QS the most followed by Chase Freedom and Slate.  Also use Lowes and Home Depot.  

Thanks for all the great information here.

Some do and some don't.

I'd recommend a search with those keywords.  You'll pull up some lists which will be invaluable and some will link you back to myfico.

Message 2 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Capital One is not a HP for the QS, Chase will be a HP for the Freedom and Slate, Synchrony will not be for the Lowe's and Citi is hit or miss for the Home Depot.  I'd apply online with Capital One, log into your Lowe's account and start a chat to ask for a CLI there.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are going to go for a Lowe's CLI (it will be a soft pull) call credit solutions and ask for $35k.  They'll either approve you instantly or counter you with the highest possible amount they can give you.  With your scores, they should give you $25k-$35k no problem.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replies.  I've never asked for a CLI.  They raise them occasionally but most of the cards are in the 10K limit range. They started out with low limits from problems many years ago.  I'd like to get them up enough that I could for example do a home project at lowes without using 50% of the credit line.  I should have been asking all along.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Lowe's website I only see an option to request CLI online.  Where do you find the phone number for credit solutions?

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Chris679
Established Contributor

The credit limit on its own has no impact on your FICO score.  This is an example of why FAKO scores can be misleading because they can advise you incorrectly.  Higher limits can of course lower your utilization which is a big part of your score. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On Lowe's website I only see an option to request CLI online.  Where do you find the phone number for credit solutions?

Thanks

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS725US725&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=synchrony+credit+solutions

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that was easy.  I used the 866-519-6441 number that other members have had better results with.  I asked for 35K and was approved within minutes. All they requested was a few security questions and income verification.  Thanks for the information!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.