Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Blacklist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase Blacklist?

Not sure, but you certainly came to the right forum to ask.

Message 11 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@mattun Just curious if you don't mind me asking, why would they blacklist you for that?  Were the accounts in good standing?

How are you guys quoting people, where is the freakin quote button?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Community-Feature-FAQ-s/How-to-Quote-a-Post/td-p/2603189

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I'm on it
Message 13 of 29
RonM21
Valued Contributor

YMMV on being blacklisted, from what I've seen. But if the preapproval site gives you a hit, then I think it could be more likely that it would work out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 29
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@babson wrote:

I have heard similar stories with Chase forgiveness.  Try to pre-approval site and see if anything turns up.  With your scores in the 800+ you should see just about everything.  It's only a soft pull, so no worries about impacting your scores;

https://creditcards.chase.com/prequalified-offers

If you end up with a result like this but haven't opted out of pre-screened offers or recently accepted a Chase offer, I wouldn't even try applying for anything else:

Chase No PreScreen Available.jpg

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 15 of 29
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Agreed. Our boy OP had Freedom and CSP graciously appear. This kid is going places.
Message 16 of 29
GPMDRL
New Contributor

Well I applied for just the Business Ink card last night as the benefits were better than what I currently use.

I got a "we need to look at app further, 7-10 day" generic message after submitting. I then got an email stating I'll hear something within 30 days. We'll see what happens and I'll keep the thread posted. Thanks
Message 17 of 29
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

I believe the 30 day message is not necessary bad. Do some searching via Google "myfico chase 30 day email" should return a nice yield.
Message 18 of 29
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor
Message 19 of 29
nitrov
Established Contributor

@GPMDRL wrote:
Well I applied for just the Business Ink card last night as the benefits were better than what I currently use.

I got a "we need to look at app further, 7-10 day" generic message after submitting. I then got an email stating I'll hear something within 30 days. We'll see what happens and I'll keep the thread posted. Thanks

30 days is most often a good thing, DO NOT call and speak to a UW/CA and instead just wait out the app. If they call you for verification in 2-3 weeks you'll prob be approved within 1-2 days after that call. When they say 30 days it usually means pretty close to that much time so just be patient. 

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.