Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Report Zero Balance Immediately

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Does Chase Report Zero Balance Immediately

I had $2,500 charged on my FU, which is now whittled down to $300 a month later. If I were to pay that $300 down to 0 next Tuesday (from my Chase checking account), is it true that Chase reports that to the CRAs immediately upon payment, or do they wait until my usual report date (the 3rd of next month)? Do I need to call and request the early report of the zero balance? This will certainly affect my FICOs positively and will have some bearing on my upcoming apps for Freedom and CSP.

Let me know. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Chase Report Zero Balance Immediately

@kshurikawrote:

I had $2,500 charged on my FU, which is now whittled down to $300 a month later. If I were to pay that $300 down to 0 next Tuesday (from my Chase checking account), is it true that Chase reports that to the CRAs immediately upon payment, or do they wait until my usual report date (the 3rd of next month)? Do I need to call and request the early report of the zero balance? This will certainly affect my FICOs positively and will have some bearing on my upcoming apps for Freedom and CSP.

Let me know. Thanks. 

As long as you dont make new charges that post, yes when you pay the 300 they will report it to the CRAs as 0 balance typically within 48 hours of the payment posting.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if it's a new account that hasn't had a statement cut yet?  Will it still report a zero balance right away if I pay it off?  Or do I have to wait for a statement to cut and for that to report first?

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

What if it's a new account that hasn't had a statement cut yet?  Will it still report a zero balance right away if I pay it off?  Or do I have to wait for a statement to cut and for that to report first?

In your case you would have to wait until they first report the account then you will be able to do this.

Message 4 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kshurikawrote:

Let me know. Thanks. 

In my experience, they have been reporting to the bureaus within a day or so after I pay a balance down to zero.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 7
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Mine always report as zero the next business day after the payment clears. 

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 6 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

there will be no balance report if no statement been cut.

after that, any time your pay the CURRENT balance (statement balance + any post new charge) in full , Chase will report ZERO balance.  

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.