Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi Prestige Expedite Cards?

tag
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Does Citi Prestige Expedite Cards?

I am thinking about applying for the Prestige after I close on my new home next month.

How long is it taking generally to receive cards? Do they expedite?

Also, any recent experiences on approvals with recent inquiries? My scores are currently right at 800, but I had a couple of pulls while mortgage shopping. No recent ccs in the past 6 months.

My last card approval was a Chase Ink last year and it took 2 weeks to get it, hoping to avoid the delay this time around.

Thanks!

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sammydavidjr
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Citi Prestige Expedite Cards?

I applied and was approved last Friday. I received the card today via Fedex.

My expectation had been to not receive the card for a while: I had read in different places that Citi wouldn't expedite cards. I received a welcome letter via UPS yesterday telling me to expect the card in an unmarked envelope within 7-10 business days. Then today I received the card in a small box welcome kit.
One thing that might explain the speed is the fact that - even after approval - the actual issuance of my card had been put on hold by the fraud department: I was contacted to verify that the application was genuine, and told that recently they have experienced several applications with stolen identities, which is why they were double-checking.

My report is all over the map this year: I had applied for a mortgage with a single lender late last year (then ended up buying the property without a loan), and had opened three cards recently (Paypal MC in May, WF Propel in June, Amex Amazon Business in July for one of my businesses). Redeeming factors (I suppose): I had recently closed a Citi AAdvantage card (that I had had since 2011), and two cards from other lenders (from 2010 and 2019, respectively).

Credit scores in the high 700's with six figure income, excellent payment history, 1% credit line utilization.

Message 2 of 3
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Citi Prestige Expedite Cards?

@sammydavidjr wrote:

I applied and was approved last Friday. I received the card today via Fedex.

My expectation had been to not receive the card for a while: I had read in different places that Citi wouldn't expedite cards. I received a welcome letter via UPS yesterday telling me to expect the card in an unmarked envelope within 7-10 business days. Then today I received the card in a small box welcome kit.
One thing that might explain the speed is the fact that - even after approval - the actual issuance of my card had been put on hold by the fraud department: I was contacted to verify that the application was genuine, and told that recently they have experienced several applications with stolen identities, which is why they were double-checking.

My report is all over the map this year: I had applied for a mortgage with a single lender late last year (then ended up buying the property without a loan), and had opened three cards recently (Paypal MC in May, WF Propel in June, Amex Amazon Business in July for one of my businesses). Redeeming factors (I suppose): I had recently closed a Citi AAdvantage card (that I had had since 2011), and two cards from other lenders (from 2010 and 2019, respectively).

Credit scores in the high 700's with six figure income, excellent payment history, 1% credit line utilization.

Thanks so much for the detail. Hoping I will be able to get approved and get my card quickly too!

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.