Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does US Bank still report...

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Does US Bank still report...

...the balance on the last business day of the month, instead of the statement closing date?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Does US Bank still report...

Yes, it does

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They report om last business day of the month. I am heading over there to  pay my balance in full Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

Message 4 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Yup.  Last report date for my cash+ was 10/30.

Message 5 of 10
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for confirming this.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always to this point paid my Cash+ before the end of the month. This month, I didn't. But it got me thinking...at the end of the month do they report the balance at the end of the month? Or do they report whatever your statement balance was previously...just report it at the end of the month? 

My statement balance on my account is still showing $0. I think it closes around the 10th and around the 15th my phone bill was charged. So nothing is due 12/7. I usually would have paid this before 11/30 but didn't. Is it going to report $0 since that was the statement balance as of the end of the month, or (I assume, but want to confirm) that they'll report the balance with my phone bill which was owed (but not due). 

Why do they have to be different? 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have always to this point paid my Cash+ before the end of the month. This month, I didn't. But it got me thinking...at the end of the month do they report the balance at the end of the month? Or do they report whatever your statement balance was previously...just report it at the end of the month? 

My statement balance on my account is still showing $0. I think it closes around the 10th and around the 15th my phone bill was charged. So nothing is due 12/7. I usually would have paid this before 11/30 but didn't. Is it going to report $0 since that was the statement balance as of the end of the month, or (I assume, but want to confirm) that they'll report the balance with my phone bill which was owed (but not due). 

They report your actual balance as of end of the month. I always make sure I have a $0 balance by month end and that's what will be reported. They never reported my statement balance. 

Message 8 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They report your actual balance as of end of the month. I always make sure I have a $0 balance by month end and that's what will be reported. They never reported my statement balance. 

+1.

I have the same experience.

Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you can change your due date on any US Bank CC (or all if you prefer) to the end of the month to coincide with their month-end CRA reporting. This way it provides some flexibility for folks who don't want any mid-cycle reporting fluctuations.

All 3 of mine are set to the 28th.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.