cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wells Fargo Signature Visa accept a BK 7 discharged 5 years ago?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Wells Fargo Signature Visa accept a BK 7 discharged 5 years ago?

I am looking to get a 0% apr credit card and Wells Fargo is one of few banks i have not filed BK 7 with 5 years ago.  I noticed if you filed BK with a bank they are less likely to start another relationship with you even after you have built up your credit.  Does Wells Fargo Signature Visa accept a BK 7 discharged 5 years ago?  I had a car loan with them 6 years ago but currently do not have any relationships with them now.  Any feedback on people applying for the Wells Signature Visa after BK is appreciated!!  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Wells Fargo Signature Visa accept a BK 7 discharged 5 years ago?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking to get a 0% apr credit card and Wells Fargo is one of few banks i have not filed BK 7 with 5 years ago.  I noticed if you filed BK with a bank they are less likely to start another relationship with you even after you have built up your credit.  Does Wells Fargo Signature Visa accept a BK 7 discharged 5 years ago?  I had a car loan with them 6 years ago but currently do not have any relationships with them now.  Any feedback on people applying for the Wells Signature Visa after BK is appreciated!!  

Wells Fargo is a conservative lender, in my opinion. Have you thought about Capital One? They're very BK-friendly, even if you included them in the BK

FYI, you can't outright apply for a Wells Fargo credit card unless you have an existing relationship with them.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for feedback. Yes I have several with cap one! They're great. I'm just looking for a bank that I didn't file bk on previously and I think Wells Fargo may be one of the few large banks left. I'm wondering if opened up a checking and savings with decent account balance, and then apply will it make a difference? Or will the bk 7 discharged 5 years ago be auto decline? That's what I'm hoping to find out from anyone who has experience.
Message 3 of 10
cem13
Established Contributor

I was denied for a WF card.  The reason was that I had them IIB and the denial was "previous relationship"  It did not reference my BK7.

I was 5 years post D/C. 

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 4 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If might helpful if you could list your lenders that were IIB, and what your current FICO scores are, so we can better assist you.

While youre at it...how about your...

Fico scores

current cards/limits

total util reporting

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thanks. I had a long list of cards IIB.
2 x citi biz personal cards
2 x chase biz personal
1 x boa
1 x discover
1 x Amex blue
1 x advant biz card
Couple other biz cards from less known banks
So far chase, Amex biz, citi declined me for cards. Cap one gave me venture one $14k after 2 increases and quicksilver $3k.
My fico is 680 698 710
What is total util reporting?
I just found out that you can apply for same cards you already have so I may apply with Cap one for the venture one card again or their sparks biz card.
Message 6 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

CharlesY wrote :

I am looking to get a 0% apr credit card and Wells Fargo is one of few banks i have not filed BK 7 with 5 years ago. I noticed if you filed BK with a bank they are less likely to start another relationship with you even after you have built up your credit. Does Wells Fargo Signature Visa accept a BK 7 discharged 5 years ago? I had a car loan with them 6 years ago but currently do not have any relationships with them now. Any feedback on people applying for the Wells Signature Visa after BK is appreciated!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually applied with WF last year 09/2016 with a BK7 showing d/c 01/2011. My EX fico8 back then was 711 with a lot of established TLs after BK7. They denied me. Even called for recon. They cited the only reason was "Too many recently opened accounts". I specifically asked if my BK7 affected my app and they said not at all. They said more than 2 accounts in one year is too much. They're an EX puller at least in my case. Oh and I don't have any other banking relationship with them except for a Furniture Store card that they closed in 2013 due to non-usage (charged $2.9K and paid off in 18mos before interest kicked in).

Hope that helps even if it's been over a week old and Best of luck to all!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Correction : Sorry typo, Furniture card closed in 2015 opened in 2013.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a WF HP Visa, BK dismissed 2012, limit is 7.6k. 

I also received my first auto loan with them in 2014 post BK. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I to got back in with WF 2 years after my BK they approved me initially for $5,000 but no VS. 6 months later they doubled my credit line to $10,000 and 6 months after than I received a CLD to $1,000. Always paid my bill on time and stayed well within the limit. Spent about $5,000 on the card the year they decreased my credit line for "To many recent inquiries"... 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.