Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody have 2 Kohls cards?

tag
zuma1
Established Member

Does anybody have 2 Kohls cards?

Has anyone been approved for 2 Kohls cards? I've had mine 5 years now and I know some have/are changing to the rewards visa but I was not. Back in September I called to ask about getting the upgrade and was told it's only selected accounts. I was bummed since my Walmart MC card recently changed to the QS. Big rewards downgrade and that makes three quicksilver I have now. I really have my sites set on the rewards visa so I called again the other day because according to the website it says by March 2025 accounts will be switched over. I know there's a big difference in switching your type of account and just switching the payment process processing network . Yes, I know it's always been through Capital One, and that they are just taking control of both the store card and rewards visa payments. Anyways I called twice a couple days apart and both times the representatives told me everybody that currently has the Kohl's card, like the irregular white version just the store card will be switched to the rewards visa with the option to opt out and stick with a regular closed loop card. I think I asked them in 100 ways to clarify if they are actually going to be rewards visa, or if some will and others will just get a newly branded Close loop store card. They assured me they understood what I was meaning and that all cards would become rewards visa unless you opt out. Has anyone else called and has insight on this? I'm really wanting this card and they said by February is when it would happen and I have my high hopes lol. Then is there anybody that has had two Kohl's cards? I ask this because my other half has a store card too. He was on cap 1, and the Kohl's rewards visa is on there and their card list. it has the typical see if your preapproved or apply now, so me being me I told him check the preapproval. Well he was preapproved and accepted it so now he has his regular Kohl's card that he signs into on Kohl's website, and a new account on Capital One a completely different Kohl's card so he now has to store cards. The new one he just got that he applied for the Visa rewards that gave him a store card instead. Has anybody else done this because I've never heard of anyone having two of the cards. Was he just lucky? Now I am hoping that one of his will switch to the rewards visa lol when I asked the representative about this the other day too, they said his older one will switch to a visa, but the new one will not it will remain a Kohl's card. What's your guys insight and opinion on this? I was thinking of giving it a go but wanna hit the breaks and not get ahead of myself. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dboyce1130
New Visitor

Re: Does anybody have 2 Kohls cards?

Crazy thing is I wanted the Visa card and was watching a YouTube video on it and she was on the website and it showed that you could apply for it now so I checked it allowed me to apply even though like you I already had a Kohl's MVC card just like you. I got approved but just like your husband they just gave me the closed loop card. So now I have two with the same exact scenario.  I spoke to a representative earlier this week about a different issue and asked about the Visa Rewards and they said the same exact thing. So you are not by yourself, I now have 2 also. 

Message 2 of 3
zuma1
Established Member

Re: Does anybody have 2 Kohls cards?

Good to know we're not alone lol. I also called About my regular kohls card and didn't mention approval of the new one. But when I called I said I saw on the kohls card home sign in page it says accounts will switch to Cap1 by March 25. They said all current closed loop holders that have had the original care will switch to the Visa by then. I said all or select and they said all. I did call back I. September when the did the last batch of upgrades and each time was told it's only select. I keep calling periodically and so far they all say it's all cardholders so fingers crossed🤗 If you decide to call about your original account and ask if you will ever switch to the visa let me know the response you get please. It's starting to drive me crazy lol. I don't know why but I really want the Visa  now that my Walmart MC went to Quicksilver. After losing the Walmart rewards the new Kohls Rewards would be very useful to me. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.