Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Citibank Store Card to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Citibank Store Card to get?

I am concerned about what's easiest to get because I am trying to rebuild my credit history from a Chapter 7 discharged a few years ago. I have 20+ accounts on my credit report as IIB(included in bankruptcy).

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, Since I started this thread I have been approved for Walmart Store Credit Card $1,400 and Best Buy $2,000.

Message 22 of 33
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Awesome! 

Message 23 of 33
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
None of them unless your credit is around 670 or higher.

I'd disagree as well.    I've seen many members around 600 getting approved for Macy's.

I was initially denied for Macy's, since they were IIB.   I reconned and explained that I was more than 4 years out of BK and I was approved.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

The american airlines card (only for purchases from AA or US airways) is backed by Citi, and is very easy to get. They usually give high limits also...

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Zales card w/ scores around 640 for $2.2k.
Message 26 of 33
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Why concern yourself with which card is "easiest to get" with a lender? Even if for example Zales is easy to get, if you have zero use for it, what's the point? Improve your profile and go for the cards you actually want.

In line with that, I never understand the whole "get in with" such and such lender, or at least I find it very overblown. Again, instead of getting a card you do not particularly want just to "get in" with Citi, how about going for what you actually want? Take the steps to improve your profile and get what you want vs settling for a card you don't really want. Credit history is credit history and even if you have no prior cards with Citi, if your profile supports a card, you will get it. They can see ALL of your history when you apply, not just history with them.

I know there's an argument for "relationship" and "good usage of a Citi card in the past" I just kind of disagree. I think if you have a good credit profile and history period, you'll be fine to apply for what you actually want, and not have to take the "steps" of lesser cards (each of which involve a HP and AAOA ding).

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

When someone is trying to re-establish credit after a big bankruptcy or some other credit catastrophe it seems reasonable to be concerned with what credit card might be easiest to get because picking a card with a high probability of approval will limit the number of hard inquiries. When I learned that Best Buy was an easier card to get I jumped on it because I want to get my foot in the door with Citibank and like to shop at Best Buy.

Message 28 of 33
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for Macy's with 650-660 scores. they gave me a 500 dollar limit back in like october i think.

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for Macy's yesterday. TU 580 EQ 620 EX 620

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.