Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easing my mind while in the garden.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Easing my mind while in the garden.

my partner gets offers from Credit One! (He got Duck Card for $15k just recently... think he is little above Credit One)

and 2 weeks ago he got pre-approval for Walmart - He said "Does this mean I have bad Credit?"

I was like no dear, they offer some REALLY high limits and not a bad card, just not very useful for us but id get it for the TU scoreSmiley Tongue (well again, I had it before.)

Message 11 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

my partner gets offers from Credit One! (He got Duck Card for $15k just recently... think he is little above Credit One)

and 2 weeks ago he got pre-approval for Walmart - He said "Does this mean I have bad Credit?"

I was like no dear, they offer some REALLY high limits and not a bad card, just not very useful for us but id get it for the TU scoreSmiley Tongue (well again, I had it before.)

I think I'm better than Credit One and First Premier too lol. I've proved it.

Message 12 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

By March I could have a really good chance of being approved by Chase. I'm sick of TD Bank denying me. I might wait a little bit to apply for one of their cards again.

I would wait on TD Bank for a while.  TD Bank tends to be way more conservative than Chase, and by far much more than Discover.  While anything is possible, TD Bank tends to favor well-established, clean profiles with decent scores.  So in March, you can flip a coin to see which one you want go with 1st, Chase or Discover.  Keep an eye on any special sign-up offers to maximize your potential on rewards (since these can fluctuate), even if it means waiting until April or May.

Message 13 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

By March I could have a really good chance of being approved by Chase. I'm sick of TD Bank denying me. I might wait a little bit to apply for one of their cards again.

I would wait on TD Bank for a while.  TD Bank tends to be way more conservative than Chase, and by far much more than Discover.  While anything is possible, TD Bank tends to favor well-established, clean profiles with decent scores.  So in March, you can flip a coin to see which one you want go with 1st, Chase or Discover.  Keep an eye on any special sign-up offers to maximize your potential on rewards (since these can fluctuate), even if it means waiting until April or May.

I'm definitely going to wait on TD Bank. I want Chase and Discover to be first, then probably BOA, then probaly TD Bank.

Message 14 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm definitely going to wait on TD Bank. I want Chase and Discover to be first, then probably BOA, then probaly TD Bank.

That looks like a good order/plan.

Message 15 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

That looks like a good order/plan.

Sorry I made a typo! Lol but yes I do agree. It's just frustrating that your own bank won't give you a card (I mean I'm not going to argue their decision). 

Message 16 of 21
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Not applying for cards became easy, over time. I'm nolonger in the garden club but don't really feel a need for more cards.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

Not applying for cards became easy, over time. I'm nolonger in the garden club but don't really feel a need for more cards.

Yes, it gets much easier once you already have the cards you want. This is a good thing to point out, as it helps to know that the urge to app needn't last forever. The OP is still working on acquiring her desired cards, so the itch is understandable. This is where patience comes into play.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 21
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Yes, it gets much easier once you already have the cards you want. This is a good thing to point out, as it helps to know that the urge to app needn't last forever. The OP is still working on acquiring her desired cards, so the itch is understandable. This is where patience comes into play.

Needed a little cortisone when my score went over 750 last year, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Anyone know of a preapproval site for TD?   OP, what do your TD rejections say?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.