Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evolve Payments

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Evolve Payments

Evolve Payments is now accepting Discover, so this is a fee-free way to pay billers that don't take (or charge a fee for ) credit cards.  Max is still $1000 per time, and one payment per biller per month, but still useful.  They say they will take V/MC next year.

From the email:

Get ready to charge it because Evolve Money is introducing payment with credit cards! We're starting with the Discover® card available as a payment source in our latest update to the app.

Now you can pay any of Evolve Money's 11,000 billers, including insurance, utilities, cable, phone and much more using your Discover card. Best of all, Evolve Money does not charge you any bill payment fees when you pay with Discover.

To pay your bills we will accept all debit and prepaid cards and theONLY accepted credit card is Discover.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Evolve Payments

@longtimelurker wrote:

Evolve Payments is now accepting Discover, so this is a fee-free way to pay billers that don't take (or charge a fee for ) credit cards.  Max is still $1000 per time, and one payment per biller per month, but still useful.  They say they will take V/MC next year.

From the email:

Get ready to charge it because Evolve Money is introducing payment with credit cards! We're starting with the Discover® card available as a payment source in our latest update to the app.

Now you can pay any of Evolve Money's 11,000 billers, including insurance, utilities, cable, phone and much more using your Discover card. Best of all, Evolve Money does not charge you any bill payment fees when you pay with Discover.

To pay your bills we will accept all debit and prepaid cards and theONLY accepted credit card is Discover.

So one can pay payment for insurance, car loans, etc using Evolve, and there's zero fee.

Does Discover flag this as a cash advance however?

I see BMW Financial Services,  Mercedes Financial Services and Lexus Financial services under the list of payees. This is great! 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

From the email:

So one can pay payment for insurance, car loans, etc using Evolve, and there's zero fee.

Presumably not since it is a payment to a merchant, just like ChargeSmart etc.

Message 3 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

From the email:

I see. So with Discover, I can pay each payee once each month as well? Smiley Happy

I assume there will still be 1% cashback then?

This is great.

Has anyone used this service before? Are they reliable?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 13
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I Hope they add American Express!

I would LOVE to get the Membership Reward Points....

and If I could do this for business... I'd have that centurion! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

From the email:

I see. So with Discover, I can pay each payee once each month as well? Smiley Happy

This is great.

Used it extensively with prepaid cards, no problems at all.  They have added several restrictions (mainly one payment per biller per month) over time, to reduce their costs.

BTW, searching around, e.g. Travel With Grant, confirmed that it worked on a Discover card with cash advance limit set to 0.

Message 6 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

From the email:

This is great.

Used it extensively with prepaid cards, no problems at all.  They have added several restrictions (mainly one payment per biller per month) over time, to reduce their costs.

BTW, searching around, e.g. Travel With Grant, confirmed that it worked on a Discover card with cash advance limit set to 0.

this sounds fantastic. 

So I can pay 5 different companies for 1k each and that's 5k a month total.

Sounds like a good time to ask Discover to cancel my CLD request.

Now that Premium plus tier seems much easier to get! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

From the email:

This is great.

I used it an while ago to pay for some taxes if I recall. That is before I got a bb/serve card. I also did use today car loan one month It worked fine for me 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 13
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

That'll work for me !

Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

SisterGirl
Message 9 of 13
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

I think you will be better off using discover ( or highest cashback/rewards card ) to purchase debit cards or reload PayPal for use on evolve.  

Using Discover/VISA/Mastercard to pay bills on evolve makes sense only if  you can earn high cashback/rewards for using the site.

@longtimelurker wrote:

From the email:

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.