Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO jump!

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

FICO jump!

I just got my FICO and it went from 665 to 714! A 49 point jump up! I'm so happy! I have a car loan that is one year old and a new personal loan. I don't know why it jumped up that much!?!?!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO jump!

Shhhhh.....be vewy, vewy quiet....!  Don't wanna spook the FICO score gods!!

Congrats on the score jump!

Message 2 of 5
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the score jump!

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I just got my FICO and it went from 665 to 714! A 49 point jump up! I'm so happy! I have a car loan that is one year old and a new personal loan. I don't know why it jumped up that much!?!?!

WOW Incredible... Now just see if in 1-2 months it's still that high, if so it's CLI on EVERY GE card you have!!! They seem to only get new soft pulls every 1-3 months sometimes though that's the only reason I say let all those update.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@corymcd88 wrote:

A year is probably a tradeline seasoning boundary, especially for installment loans. 

A second installment loan (especially if you have limited history which I think you do) is likewise almost in all ways a good thing.

Beyond that though I don't know, without a shift in balances, old inquiries falling off, or a substantial shift in one's credit mix (and I don't see the second item as such but I've been wrong before) I wouldn't have thought yo'd get that large of a jump; however, congrats regardless Smiley Wink

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.