Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO BT Checks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO BT Checks

Ive read about such things before never have I laid eyes on them until I went and brought in todays mail.

They say 0% until sept 2016 then 17.99% after. It appears to be 3 checks. 

Are these ones people mention you can actually right yourself a check?

Kinda cool anyone else get them or have any plans for them.

-Joe

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO BT Checks

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive read about such things before never have I laid eyes on them until I went and brought in todays mail.

They say 0% until sept 2016 then 17.99% after. It appears to be 3 checks. 

Are these ones people mention you can actually right yourself a check?

Kinda cool anyone else get them or have any plans for them.

-Joe

Yes, I got several rounds of these promotional 0% 12+ mo. FNBO BT checks myself, and think they are officially awesome!  Smiley Happy  Not 100% sure about the writing yourself thing though, perhaps someone else who knows a little more details about that could please elaborate? 

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yes they can be written to yourself and deposited into your checking account.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm good to know. I dont have a need for them in a traditional sense to reduce any high interest debt. 

After looking closer at the letter it says right on there "write to any merchant that accepts checks"

One last question whats the usual amount you can write for these? Is it your CL?

Message 4 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Don't have FNBO but I've never received a check that you couldn't write to yourself.

You can tranfer any balance(with fee amount included)up to your credit limit.
Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm good to know. I dont have a need for them in a traditional sense to reduce any high interest debt. 

After looking closer at the letter it says right on there "write to any merchant that accepts checks"

One last question whats the usual amount you can write for these? Is it your CL?

You need to look online and see what your limit is to BT its not the full amount of the CL, typically 5-10% less.

Message 6 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

When you get a BT offer, they list your total available credit(which is usually your credit limit UNLESS some is deducted because of a purchase)as the amount you can use.

So if you have a 6,000 limit with no current balance, and the BT fee is 1%, if you needed to, you could BT 5,900. When your BT is posted, you would have a balance of 5,959/6,000. Now, whether you'd want to max out the card is another story...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

After the helpful information recieved here I decided to persue a SP CLI. Went from 1k to 3k limit from a SP. Now I can use a BT check w/o hurting UTI as much.

Thanks fellas

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.