Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Platinum Visa PC to Evergreen

tag
StephenH
Regular Contributor

FNBO Platinum Visa PC to Evergreen

Interesting DP I wanted to share courtesy of my dad.

He's had the FNBO Platinum Visa since 2012 and recently requested a product upgrade to the Evergreen. After review, It was approved and he was looking forward to receiving the new Evergreen card which arrived today.

To his surprise, it was another Platinum Visa, not the Evergreen. He called CSR and was advised that his reward structure  had changed and not the card/account. It will remain a Platinum Visa with the Evergreen rewards structure and he will not receive an Evergreen card.

Let me know your thoughts!

Bankruptcy Chapter 7 DC 03/2021
IIB: Chase CSR 10K, Amex BCP 20K, Disco It 9K, Citi DC 3K

Cap One Plat. 04/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 3.3K ---> PC Venture One ---> PC QS ---> PC Savor One
Cap One QS1 08/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 5.5K ---> PC QS (no AF) ---> PC Venture ---> PC QS
Penfed PCR 12/2022 12.5K SL

Installment Loan 08/2021 ( PIF)
Student Loan 09/2014 10K remaining

As of 04/2024:
FICO 8: 707 EX, 701 EQ, 703 TU
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Platinum Visa PC to Evergreen

I've never heard anything like this before.  I wouldn't believe you, if I didn't believe you.  Smiley Wink

I don't think the platinum is available any more.  I wonder if that somehow allows them to issue a visually looking platinum card but give the rewards of another product.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 2 of 6
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Why give the newer rewards structure of one card, but send out a new, old card. Makes no sense. The whole thing is just....Odd

Message 3 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

With the card chip shortage, they have a stock pile.

Message 4 of 6
StephenH
Regular Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

I've never heard anything like this before.  I wouldn't believe you, if I didn't believe you.  Smiley Wink

I don't think the platinum is available any more.  I wonder if that somehow allows them to issue a visually looking platinum card but give the rewards of another product.  

Couldn't believe it myself. In my experience, it certainly does include a change in account name/type and card (both visual and reward structure) with most other lenders.

This was a question mark and after having logged into his online banking portal, he confirmed that the account name remains Platinum Visa and upon review of the rewards agreement, it does say Evergreen as explained by CSR.

Bankruptcy Chapter 7 DC 03/2021
IIB: Chase CSR 10K, Amex BCP 20K, Disco It 9K, Citi DC 3K

Cap One Plat. 04/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 3.3K ---> PC Venture One ---> PC QS ---> PC Savor One
Cap One QS1 08/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 5.5K ---> PC QS (no AF) ---> PC Venture ---> PC QS
Penfed PCR 12/2022 12.5K SL

Installment Loan 08/2021 ( PIF)
Student Loan 09/2014 10K remaining

As of 04/2024:
FICO 8: 707 EX, 701 EQ, 703 TU
Message 5 of 6
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

With the card chip shortage, they have a stock pile.

That actually makes sense. It may be the only answer that does. If they have a pile of these cards they're no longer accepting applications for . . .

EQ8 760, TU8 744, EX8 757 as of September 7
AZE10 - 4% Utl - New Cards: 1/6, 3/12, 6/24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.