cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO appears to be nerfing most VISA signature card benefits, effective 2/1/2022?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

FNBO appears to be nerfing most VISA signature card benefits, effective 2/1/2022?

Hi, my apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered on the forum, but I just noticed after reviewing my most recent FNBO VISA account information that FNBO appears to be nerfing most VS benefits, at least on my cards anyway?  For example, effective 2/1/2022, both of my 2 FNBO VS cards are eliminating nice benefits such as Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty, etc.  Smiley Sad  In fact, on the updated Guide to Benefits for both of my FNBO cards, the only benefits that still look like they remaining intact at this point are Travel and Emergency Assistance Services and Roadside Dispatch.

Just wanted bring to everyone's attention, in case you you had wanted to check your  FNBO accounts as well, for any change-in-terms regarding your VISA card benefits?  Thanks

P.S. also:  does anyone know per chance if FNBO's dropping of the Purchase Protection benefit means that if a prospective merchant you buy goods from, who doesn't deliver said goods, you will no longer be able to get your money back from them?  (For example, I recently had to do this for an e-bay merchant I bought some graphics design software from who had provided me with a counterfeit serial number, and so I filed a claim with FNBO and they found in my favor and reimbursed me the amount the e-bay merchant had charged me on that provided the fraudulent serial number.)  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO appears to be nerfing most VISA signature card benefits, effective 2/1/2022?

They've been phasing out a variety of benefits since last year. Here's a post from 2021 with a member conveying a similar experience on their FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Langley-BoA-USAlliance-Comenity-US-Bank-SYNCB-BBVA-FNB...

Message 2 of 13
C6
Regular Contributor

Re: FNBO appears to be nerfing most VISA signature card benefits, effective 2/1/2022?

So far it seems the business card benefits remain intact. Purchase security, warranty manager, CDW, etc. Plus 3% back on first $10,000.

Message 3 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

P.S. also:  does anyone know per chance if FNBO's dropping of the Purchase Protection benefit means that if a prospective merchant you buy goods from, who doesn't deliver said goods, you will no longer be able to get your money back from them? 

Purchase Protection from Visa means: "If something you bought with your card is damaged or stolen within XXX days of purchase, you
are protected"

so the ending of that doesn't impact your scenario, which should be covered under the normal dispute process.

Message 4 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

P.S. also:  does anyone know per chance if FNBO's dropping of the Purchase Protection benefit means that if a prospective merchant you buy goods from, who doesn't deliver said goods, you will no longer be able to get your money back from them? 

Purchase Protection from Visa means: "If something you bought with your card is damaged or stolen within XXX days of purchase, you
are protected"

so the ending of that doesn't impact your scenario, which should be covered under the normal dispute process.

A few cards also cover lost items.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 13
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume there is going to be quite a bit of benefit loss over the next 2 years. I still have to sit down and calculate how my present lineup fits into my modified/revised spend while all the smoke is clearing everywhere. 

Message 6 of 13
NRB525
Super Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

P.S. also:  does anyone know per chance if FNBO's dropping of the Purchase Protection benefit means that if a prospective merchant you buy goods from, who doesn't deliver said goods, you will no longer be able to get your money back from them?  (For example, I recently had to do this for an e-bay merchant I bought some graphics design software from who had provided me with a counterfeit serial number, and so I filed a claim with FNBO and they found in my favor and reimbursed me the amount the e-bay merchant had charged me on that provided the fraudulent serial number.)  

Whatever happens on eBay stays on eBay. If a merchant gave you fraudulent goods on eBay, the socially appropriate complaint should go directly through eBay. I've had several fraudulent or scamming buyers on eBay, and the eBay methods of handling them are much more productive, and work to keep those frauds reduced by educating the eBay algorithm.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 13
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Whatever happens on eBay stays on eBay. If a merchant gave you fraudulent goods on eBay, the socially appropriate complaint should go directly through eBay. I've had several fraudulent or scamming buyers on eBay, and the eBay methods of handling them are much more productive, and work to keep those frauds reduced by educating the eBay algorithm.  

ymmv, I've used both approaches in the past (e-bay complaint and cc dispute), but ime, the cc dispute process has been just a bit more painless overall for me so far to date.  iirc -- admittedly, it's been a while since I used the e-bay complaint process -- e-bay makes you jump through quite a few more hoops and red tape, vs. the generally simpler (in mho) process of just calling the cc issuer and filing a dispute by phone, or submitting a dispute request online, etc.  Anyway, just writing this based on my own personal experiences so far and $0.02.

Message 8 of 13
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@C6 wrote:

So far it seems the business card benefits remain intact. Purchase security, warranty manager, CDW, etc. Plus 3% back on first $10,000

I have the Business version. Do you know if the Rental Car Insurance coverage is primary or secondary?

Message 9 of 13
C6
Regular Contributor

Primary for business rental and secondary for personal rental.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.