Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback requesting on my cap one idea

tag
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Feedback requesting on my cap one idea

So I have been requesting increases on my cap one venture and venture one cards for over a year and always declined. I have a zero balance on a platinum MasterCard that I combined with other cap one starter cards. I was going to combine that with my venture one to give that card a $3300 increase and bring it to $6300cl. I was thinking of applying for another starter type card and then just letting it sit for 6 months and add it to my venture to increase that cards limit as its only at $5000
I never received a bonus on the regular venture so my ultimate goal down the road is to get a new venture, combine all the cards into it and have one card with a next big limit. I like cap one and redeeming points is a breeze so this would end up being a reg used card. They like approving me for cards but just no increases and small limits
Anyway is there anything I am missing in my plan? Sorry if this is confusing I spend way too much time overthinking this stuff
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Feedback requesting on my cap one idea

Personally I think it's a terrible idea to open a card just for the limit. Much better idea to open cards that you want to keep long term or can save you money short term.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.